Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Apr-2006, 20:51
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter916
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
Fair point Tim about the 44 at Brands, but riders such as:
Lin,Tonio, Sparesgeezer, Adam (T5mission) were missing from 583's ,
as also in the 620's were Geoffy (is he still racing??) Ducati UK, Uncle Dunnie & Paul Payne.

Maybe it will just be a close call eh?
LOL time for a POLL

:P:P

maybe those with 2 bikes shouldnt be allowed to enter:P
so everyone can get the chance to make the grid:P:P

HMMM dont quite get that one, cos if there is only one grid Im hardly going to ride both bikes am I.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 20:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by AK
Fair point Tim about the 44 at Brands, but riders such as:
Lin,Tonio, Sparesgeezer, Adam (T5mission) were missing from 583's ,
as also in the 620's were Geoffy (is he still racing??) Ducati UK, Uncle Dunnie & Paul Payne.

Maybe it will just be a close call eh?
LOL time for a POLL

:P:P

maybe those with 2 bikes shouldnt be allowed to enter:P
so everyone can get the chance to make the grid:P:P

HMMM dont quite get that one, cos if there is only one grid Im hardly going to ride both bikes am I.

the way you ride glynn nothing would suprise me:P
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:09
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
If you get less that the grid total (46?), then I'd go for the option of sharing a grid with other DD'ers, otherwise, if say group A get a grid of their own and group B are under 25, (and you therefore don't have the ammo to shoot at Jim P), then you WILL be mixed in with other classes to make up a full grid, fact!!! it's money and filling grids, especially at such a big event for New Era - is this the one where the big boys come out for a play, if so, the first year they did it, there were circa 10,000 people watching or something, (and I got my first ever race winner trophy), so they won't want half empty grids and they'll need to pack everyone on to give the crowd something to watch.

WeeJohnyB
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
If you count the DUK bike and the riders with a entry in each class we have a total of 57, a couple have possibly dropped out but could possibly be replaced by others wishing to enter a 2nd class.
at Cadwell 11 decided not to enter, maybe because the season started to soon for them, at Brands 13 didn't enter can't be for the same reason.
I do know that if I had my entry form for Castle Combe here now I would be filling it in and sending it off, would that be true of everybody else on the list below

Andy Johnson
Nick Boustead
Tony Hathaway
Ali Bisson
Dickie Thirkettle
Ian Leah
Tim Howard
Tim Howard
Roberto Bernini
Jed Atack
Duncan Abbott
Phil Harris
Phil Harris
Kyle Hinton
Eric Howe
Antony Espindola
Paul Towsey
Tony Perrin
Ducati UK
Geoff Spencer
Peter Yates
David Pratt
Paul Mugridge
Grahame Butcher
Mike Belcher
Glenn Graham
David Ainscough
Paul Payne
Paul Payne
Duncan Moore
Dominic Cann
Paul Martin
Max Gidney
Glyn Hinsley
Lin Jones
Chris Wood
Phil Huntley
Dominic Clegg
Franco Nisco
Adam Ferguson
Murray Brown
Stuart Smith
Kieran Morris
Paul Sutliff
Kevin Mooney
Mark Foskett
Kevin Ellis
Kevin Palmer
Andrew Griffiths
Lucie Stone
Andy Challis
Richard Hathaway
Antoine Josserand
Kyle Bennett
Mike Atack
Andy Roberts
Doug Clemmans
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:25
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
I do know that if I had my entry form for Castle Combe here now I would be filling it in and sending it off, would that be true of everybody else on the list below

i would
Old 28-Apr-2006, 22:26
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
I would
Old 28-Apr-2006, 22:48
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
As would the majority that have taken part in the two rounds already run, but how about the others that have done only one round or even none

So far we have 30 point scorers in Class B (28 bikes, 30 riders) and 25 in Class A, so a total of 53 bikes have raced so far over two meetings.

IF we have a single grid of 46 at CC split equally between the two classes then it looks like 7 class B riders will lose out and 2 class A riders, is the DUK bike to be entered, if not then only one class A rider stands to lose out.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 23:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Actually I'd fancy a practice run in the class A on my 620...
Old 02-May-2006, 08:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
if i enter the 583 and the 620 in the hope its two grids but then becomes a combined grid . !!! what happens to my entry in 620..
Old 02-May-2006, 09:55
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
If you get less that the grid total (46?), then I'd go for the option of sharing a grid with other DD'ers, otherwise, if say group A get a grid of their own and group B are under 25, (and you therefore don't have the ammo to shoot at Jim P), then you WILL be mixed in with other classes to make up a full grid, fact!!! it's money and filling grids, especially at such a big event for New Era - is this the one where the big boys come out for a play, if so, the first year they did it, there were circa 10,000 people watching or something, (and I got my first ever race winner trophy), so they won't want half empty grids and they'll need to pack everyone on to give the crowd something to watch.

WeeJohnyB

New Era is a commercial organisation that needs to at least break even over the year. It isn't a club like ours run by philanthropic volunteers who don't get paid.

The Casle Coombe meeting is a prestigious event with international races taking place and the likelihood of a large crowd being in attendance.

The grid at this event can take 46 solo bikes so if you had to hire the circuit at prime time and pay for all the services what would you do ?

I'd want to see full grids with interesting racing and would negotiate the best options for all concerned (speaking as a business man).

It must be like juggling jelly to sort it all out but at least we can put our case forward from the perspective of a cohesive club rather than a bunch of individuals (if that is allowed to happen of course).

Both the Cadwell and Brands Hatch rounds were discussed at length with New Era, who listened to our points and came to the best compromise we could agree.

At Cadwell we sorted a shambles of mixed practice into races for each class, albeit with H*nda's included but at least it was a better and more workable compromise than the original offer.

At Brands we negotiated single grids and four longer races to make up for Cadwell in some part, these weren't full grids but on that occasion no other bikes were put in with ours.

You seriously have to realise that at some events there is a great interest in entering so we need to have the ability to negotiate at each round (as I've already clearly stated) to get the best out of the series.

Don't get me wrong; I do appreciate that it's your money being spent on entering but try to give us some space to work with New Era so that a workable solution can be arrived at.

That's how club racing in the UK works, it has to ideally make money for the promoters and at the very least not make a massive loss.