Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 01-Jul-2006, 18:40
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
800ss at croft

Old 01-Jul-2006, 22:06
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

That's the testing over with... Now let me and TP have a go!!

How was it then Nige?

Much 'fine tuning' required?
Old 02-Jul-2006, 04:49
Ducati Corse

Not much tuning required at all - pretty good out of the box.

On the first session I ran on at a couple of corners as it just wouldn't turn quick enough - cured with a few turns of the ride height adjuster. It's still a bit slower than I'd like but, any more on the ride height and it gave me the feeling it was gonna tuck at the hairpin. Once on it's side though, especially in the fast stuff it was awesome and I found myself getting slowed too much by the faster stuff.

Croft is a bit bumpy so, I soften off rebound/compression all round to give some more compliance.

Mid corner and exit speed was impressive and it accelerated very well out of the corners. I could hang onto the tail of the likes of 600RRs and litre bikes for the first 200yrds of the straights without any trouble so, much so I could often pull alongside them or nose past until they got fully would up. By the end of the day I was having a bit of a party picking them off one by one.

I noticed no stability problems on the brakes and no fade bar some initial sponginess which, will probably be some residual air from when I changed the brake lines the previous night....so that alright then.

It was 30 degrees in the shade and the bike got very hot out on the track which, I found a bit worrying - oil temp was hitting 127-134 degrees and on one occasion it got to 140 so, I pulled in. I don't know what is a safe temp' to get to....does anybody?

I was well impressed with the bike. As ever, the limiting factor is me - I need time to get used to the bike, make a few gearing changes and I desperately need some track time
Old 02-Jul-2006, 04:56
Ducati Corse

Old 02-Jul-2006, 12:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Looks fantastic. I've always liked the idea of a two-valver with as much weight as possible stripped off.

There's another thread about the best moments in motorcycling - going round the outside of a bike that should be faster on paper is definitely up there. In fact I think I'll post it up on there

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 02-Jul-2006, 12:13
Ducati Corse

Aye. I was having a lot of fun in the last session whupping it up. The bike is an absolute scream.

Last edited by twpd : 02-Jul-2006 at 12:20.
Old 02-Jul-2006, 12:42
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
It was 30 degrees in the shade and the bike got very hot out on the track which, I found a bit worrying - oil temp was hitting 127-134 degrees and on one occasion it got to 140 so, I pulled in. I don't know what is a safe temp' to get to....does anybody?

That sounds perfectly normal for a DD bike - whether it's good/bad I don't know.

They do seem to run ridiculously hot and take hours to cool down afterwards too.

I know Rattler's was running 140 at Combe, and mine is regularly over 120 (when the gauge works!)

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit