Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Aug-2006, 09:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Angry Race entry back for Donny

DD only. F'ing wonderful........
Old 04-Aug-2006, 09:48
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Same here.

Maybe they're not running DD people in SV or SoT races for £25 afterall.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 09:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Unhappy

u serious Ali..........................

NO xtra races.?
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:11
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Funny that now it's too late to get your entry money back.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
they really are taking the ****. i would suggest we tout round other clubs now to see who will offer the best deal for us for next season. new era clearly dont give a ****. big mistake.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:18
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi600
Funny that now it's too late to get your entry money back.

No ****...was one of the major reasons for me keeping my entry in at donny...getting the SV or SoT for 25 quid made the day good value and helped balance the cost of going to donny for one race..!>!>!..

a trackday plus 130 plus fuel etc etc for 1 race at donny now.......expensive blooody day

*sob*
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:36
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
I believe that someone suggested on the Endurance website that the DD series and the KTM series could perhaps be run alongside the KRC. It's been done before, and it's no secret that the KRC series is struggling due to thin grids.

I think that the KRC are looking into that option anyway, with the idea of maybe reducing the length of the endurance races so that they are more affordable to teams. If you had a couple or 3 other race series' helping to take some of the financial pressure off, then it could only be a plus and might be what each championship is after.

You could have a 2 day meet, with practice and qualifying on the Saturday,with a 3-4 hour endurance meeting in the morning, followed by the sprint races in the afternoon. Or you could do it the other way round and have the sprints in the morning. Or indeed you could have the sprints either side. In fact the only option I can't see working, would be having the sprints run at the same time as the endurance........although I'd be game!

You'd then seperate the DD, KTM and whoever else from the mainstream clubs like NE, and they'd gain their own clear identity as a matter of course.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in these debates, but I can't help tinkering.

Last edited by Otei : 04-Aug-2006 at 10:55.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:40
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Even though it's only my second race meeting ever, I decided to put myself down for the F400 class, as well as DD. Even if I don't complete the F400 race I still get an extra practice/qualifying session and could probably start the race and do 6 laps or so. For £25 it seemed reasonable value.

I haven't seen my NE entry back yet, although it may come in today's post, but I did note that £157 was taken from my credit card. (DD = £130. F400 = £25. Credit Card fee = £2). So I am hopeful that I got the extra class.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:51
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillc
Even though it's only my second race meeting ever, I decided to put myself down for the F400 class, as well as DD. Even if I don't complete the F400 race I still get an extra practice/qualifying session and could probably start the race and do 6 laps or so. For £25 it seemed reasonable value.

I haven't seen my NE entry back yet, although it may come in today's post, but I did note that £157 was taken from my credit card. (DD = £130. F400 = £25. Credit Card fee = £2). So I am hopeful that I got the extra class.

U r hoping......u will get a credit note of 25 quid to be used at the next NE meeting.!

hehehe
Old 04-Aug-2006, 11:00
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
U r hoping......u will get a credit note of 25 quid to be used at the next NE meeting.!

hehehe

Oh! Didn't know it worked like that. Oh well, never mind and thanks for the info.