Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Dec-2005, 21:10
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
The joys of being the medic,

Alcohol is for bufties, i have a cupboard full of Vallies.............

Old 16-Dec-2005, 22:33

ooooops!...made a bit of a booboo...looked on invoice as had doubts re price and actually paid £7,000...think it must have been wishful thinking at the time....still good price though! soz everyone....dont shout!
Old 16-Dec-2005, 23:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Well said Martin. I don't know why people insist on saying how great a deal they got. This is a public forum so they had a good stab in devaluing everyones bike, INCLUDING THEIR OWN, so not such a great deal or a smart move to broadcast. When these bargain bikes pop up in the For Sale section, and I am looking or one, I will waste no time in printing this thread off and reminding the seller what the paid for it. Am sure anyone else looking in would do the same.

The dealers involved dont help either, and I wonder what view Ducati will take. I had a mate who worked for a major car manufacturer. Dealers who broke the rules, suffered, through being at the end of the queue for special low volume runs.

Its good we all help each other out but some things should be done on U2U.

The 749 is a great bike. I just picked up a Kwak zx636R which I am real happy with but its not a 749.
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:12

well 749er. I cannot see the problem in making public what I paid for my bike....maybe its sour grapes on your part that you didnt do the same instead of buying your kwak...I will not be selling my 749 and shall probably buy a 996 next spring to go alongside the 749...I didnt buy the 749 as an investment, but to ride....just didnt want to pay through the nose for it....dont care if it devalues....I can afford it!
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by Bibjo
well 749er. I cannot see the problem in making public what I paid for my bike....maybe its sour grapes on your part that you didnt do the same instead of buying your kwak...I will not be selling my 749 and shall probably buy a 996 next spring to go alongside the 749...I didnt buy the 749 as an investment, but to ride....just didnt want to pay through the nose for it....dont care if it devalues....I can afford it!

U2U
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:34

Quote:
Originally posted by 749er
Quote:

U2U

didnt receive it
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:38
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by 749er
Quote:

U2U

ZX6R is a second bike. My 749 is not for sale. Am fortunate to be able to run 2 bikes. Not everyone is and I feel everyone deserves some consideration, especially those trying to sell a bike just now. Have a look at the For Sale section.
Old 17-Dec-2005, 00:41

u2u sent
Old 17-Dec-2005, 09:54
500SD

Quote:
ooooops!...made a bit of a booboo...looked on invoice as had doubts re price and actually paid £7,000...think it must have been wishful thinking at the time....still good price though! soz everyone....dont shout!

BBBBBBWWWWWaaaaahhhhaaaaa

How stupid do you feel
Old 17-Dec-2005, 11:09
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
Bibjo,
This thread is a perfect example of why customers should not discuss what they paid for their bike.

See my posts further up this thread. It doesn't help anyone at all.

1) The customers that paid more than you originally will be p***ed off.
2) The customers that own 749's and feel theirs has just been devalued dramatically because you forgot what you paid will be p***ed off.
3) The new customers that go into their local dealer and can't get as good a deal as that (for whatever reason) will be p***ed off.
4) The dealers (like me) that feel they are put in an awkward position because of this misguided thread will be p***ed off.
5) The people that are trying to buy used machines and have just been given false hope as to what they can afford will be p***ed off.
6) The customers that are trying to sell a used machine on this forum (or anywhere else on the planet) will be scratching their heads thinking they are over priced when they're not........They will be p***ed off.
7) Ducati Uk and Ducati in Italy (I know they both read the threads on this forum) will be upset! (better not say p***ed off here )

Need I say more? I could keep rattling on here!!

In effect, the only people / person that is not p***ed off is you really! That's why it's no so good to announce prices on a global public forum. Remember these comments can be read by anyone on the planet with a PC. These comments can have a very far flung effect!
We all have to remember that, not just me as a dealer. We all love the bikes, that's why we are here. Get behind the brand, we will ALL benefit financially and personally if we do.

Well done for securing that deal, you've got an amazing bike for unbelievably cheap money!!

However, I feel it better to reassure the buying / selling public that this is not a typical case. I really appreciate your honesty and comments up this thread. It's good to get feedback from all the Duc owners out there. Especially female riders, I wish there were more. (not for those reasons Davie )

By the way the dealer is still making a loss there! As I said above there are definitely reasons why this has happened but we still haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet. I'm not saying your are telling porkies here either! I mean there must be internal dealer factors you could simply not be aware of at work. The dealer would have to come on here and explain how they managed this.

But is it really worth it? Maybe? I think it best to let sleeping dogs lie and get back to having fun on here, the way we should at all times!

Let's leave prices to the showrooms, it's such a sensitive issue, someone's always going to feel their nose put out of joint and none of us really wants that do we?!?

Right, it's Saturday morning and we're getting busy, must dash! Everyone have a good weekend!

Martin

[Edited on 17-12-2005 by Martin Ducati Glasgow]