Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2005, 13:49
Mille
Bikes: Ducati ST2

Mood: Fruity
ohlins rear shock - wanted

anyone got one for sale?

I think the ohlins model number is 46HRCS but any ST4/ST4s one in decent condition will be considered.
Old 23-Aug-2005, 14:22
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
The part number sounds about right mate, but they don't come as standard on the ST4, cos the ST4 cycle parts are the same as the ST2. The Ohlins only come on the 4S.

I'm not sure you'll get a secondhand one, partly because there aren't that many 4S's being broken for spares and secondly because secondhand ones might be worn and need a rebuild anyway - in which case it'll cost you near on the same as a new one.

There is a likely looking suspect Here on eBay. It's listed as a Monster part but since the swing arms on a 900 Monster and an ST are pretty much identical it may well fit. Can't guarantee it, you'd need someone who knows what they're talking about for that.
Old 24-Aug-2005, 00:11
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I looked for sometime for Ohlins suspension from an ST4S and gave up in the end I phoned Ohlins got the exact part number and started looking on E bay in case it fitted any other bikes. I found one but it sold for over £200, which I thought was pricey. As Jools said in his post a used unit may need rebuilding anyway.

I will continue to keep a beady eye open for one but will be saving up for a new one next year. If I can find the Ohlins part number I will post it later