Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jul-2005, 21:27

Ebay Question?

I recently purchased some ducati pieces from someone in england on ebay. I paid them via paypal as soon as the auction was over. I then asked them to send me the tracking and shipping information. I have recieved one email from them saying there were going to ship them that morning then email me the info. So my question for the ebay experts here, Is how long should I give this seller before starting to think I got screwed and start to look in to ways to get my money back? I have not used ebay or paypal much, but unfortatnly it is becoming more and more difficult to get parts he in the US for the 851/888. It seems as though there is a lot more parts available in the UK so i have been trying to use ebay.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 21:46
Mille

Mood: Lovin the Ducati
It may be too soon to panic? Some people send stuff to the USA by the cheapest possible method and that can take weeks. How long overdue is the item? What trader level is the seller?(how much feedback does theseller have?) If the seller is of a certain level ebay will protect transactions up to a value. Let us know the ID of the trader and I will look into it for you.
Old 26-Jul-2005, 00:00
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Rossco is well on the ball here.

I've had quite a few bits from the USA with times varying from 14 days to 6 weeks. Thankfully all arriving eventually.
Sadly, the only bad experience I had was paying using paypal via a payment card (switch) and having no comeback at all from Ebay, they asked for more money for an arbitration sevice but did nothing anyway.

These days I examine a sellers ID, history and feedback pretty carefully.

Good luck - Frank