Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Mar-2005, 20:45
Ducati Corse

First proper run out on the ST3

Went over to Paul's Sussex meet today with Stu and this is the first time since I got the ST3 that I've really done any miles. Took the MV out for a shake down on Friday after packing her away in October and also rode Stu's 748R today so have been able to compare the race reps with the sports tourer.

The first thing that hits you is the torque. The ST3 takes off from 3000rpm like a locomotive - this engine just fires you off down the road and doesn't give up right through to the limiter Anywhere between 3 and 9K there's loads of solid power. Stu had a quick go and couldn't get over the comfort, the gel seat is really special and the riding position is less radical than the ST4. Throw in a plush ride, good brakes and a screen that takes all the wind blast away and even though it was quite slippy at times this morning I really did feel very much as if I was on a 'gentleman's express'

Got back from the ride feeling that all the virtues of riding a Ducati are summed up in this bike. If you haven't tried one do yourself a favour and book a test ride.
Old 21-Mar-2005, 09:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Don't forget they also go round corners a lot better than a mere 'sports tourer' has any right to
Old 21-Mar-2005, 14:39
Ducati Corse

Indeedy Jools - that's how I found out how slippery it was