Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jun-2006, 22:23
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
Andy i know what your sayin like Henners says how do you know when there hot enough, id been pushing hard all morning, and the bike was planted. So after 4 laps in the baking heat yesterday i thought there would be plenty hot enough! And what you say about practicing putting the power down, how do i do that?? Unless i get a set of stabilisers or an infinate amount of bodywork to throw at it. Maybe Rossi or a 'GP Star' like yourself could have saved it but this is a tyre/suspension issue which of the latter im trying to determine with the help of you guys, but its not an ability issue!
Old 01-Jul-2006, 13:57
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Incidents are created.....they dont just happen! The only time you are gambling is when your asking it to do too much = rider error!

The most popular phrase at any collision/incident is..........."all of a sudden!"

Dont get me wrong it aint a personal go at anyone, just the facts. Obviously if the suspension is working to the best of its ability, and i have experienced that tyre wear, so i would say yours isnt, then that will help with the survival margins!

I cant speak as a GP star (unfortunately) But i can speak as a class 1 car/motorcyclist that has dealt with years of collisions striations (skids to you and me)!

Have you confirmed if your using tyre warmers?

And i would say try the 209gp.....it is noticably leaps and bounds a better tyre than the 208gp!
Old 01-Jul-2006, 16:06
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
208s

No mate wasnt using tyre warmers but definately will be from now on, just aquired a genny.

WHat about the Supercorsas then???
Old 01-Jul-2006, 17:33
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Came off of those at Donington a couple of years ago..........no tyre warmers..too much gas!
Old 05-Jul-2006, 17:56
Mille

Mood: :-0
I have used rennsports for quite a while, which I think are the same as the supercorsas (great on dry - rubbish in wet). I also had a major rear end kick out at redgate, donnington on the renns, tyres were warm enough, just too much gas!!!

I have now started using racetecs (k2) which really are great, but again they are rubbish without warmth in them.

Les :-)