Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-May-2006, 10:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
STOP!!!

This bloody thread is not about having two bloody grids. If you want to discuss this please use one of the many, many threads that are already running. For the last time:

This thread is to discuss the relative merits of all starting together or having a timed gap between starts, not to discuss whether the series deserves two separate grids entirely!

Consider my toys well and truly outside the pram....
Old 18-May-2006, 10:42
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
hi ali i real dont mind as assen was okay for me with the same start.
but if you were going to run split starts 583 would have to go first. by abouts 30-40sec i would think.
all i want to know is what to do and how we are doing it
Old 18-May-2006, 10:47
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So Ali at this point in time we have 5 for mixed grid and 11 for a split grid, what it doesn't tell me is where the votes came from, how many Class B riders voted for what and the same goes for the 620 riders.

At this sort of meeting I can't see them doing a delayed start for a second grid and if the Class B grid was two rows back from the back of the Class A grid I can see the Faster Class B riders not getting away from the rest as they get held up on lap 2 if not before by the slower class A riders., so again less than ideal situation.
Old 18-May-2006, 10:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
IM LOOSING THE WILL TO LIVE...............................
Old 18-May-2006, 11:30
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
So Ali at this point in time we have 5 for mixed grid and 11 for a split grid, what it doesn't tell me is where the votes came from, how many Class B riders voted for what and the same goes for the 620 riders.
Not convinced it matters where the votes were coming from. Either most people prefer a delayed start or they don't.

Quote:
At this sort of meeting I can't see them doing a delayed start for a second grid and if the Class B grid was two rows back from the back of the Class A grid I can see the Faster Class B riders not getting away from the rest as they get held up on lap 2 if not before by the slower class A riders., so again less than ideal situation.

I don't remember a single person complaining at Cadwell about how difficult it was to overtake the backmarkers from the CBs/Hornets. On the contrary, you're far more likely to be able to pass a backmarker on any bike than a 620 that keep pulling ahead of you on the straights.
Old 18-May-2006, 11:42
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
At cadwell I can't remember any CB500s getting overtaken although several 583 riders do recall getting a shorter race due to being lapped by the front runing CB5s. If they are happy with that situation then they may be happy to vote for split grids which is why I would like to know who voted for what
Old 18-May-2006, 11:43
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
At cadwell I can't remember any CB500s getting overtaken although several 583 riders do recall getting a shorter race due to being lapped by the front runing CB5s.

Good point, less tracktime is never desirable.
Old 18-May-2006, 11:58
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by ali

Consider my toys well and truly outside the pram....

Old 18-May-2006, 12:01
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
At cadwell I can't remember any CB500s getting overtaken although several 583 riders do recall getting a shorter race due to being lapped by the front runing CB5s.

Yeah - they mugged me one each side entering the Gooseneck and there was a few behind me so 3 or 4 I think given their 20 sec head start. Think we lost 1 lap.
Old 18-May-2006, 12:10
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
I voted for a split grid. But guess I should have re-read before I voted as I would not want a delayed start, the track is far to short for the 620's to set off before the 583's. You can't compare Assen to Castle Combe.

Mike