Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Nov-2006, 20:42

Mood: moody!
620 Sport Clip ons

Ok, similar to a previous thread but really need advice on this. Looking to you Ducati experts out there to help me out.

I find my 620S has a to aggressive riding position but love the bike in all other respects , bitter sweet pill to swallow at the moment!

The 620S clip on bars are angled downwards from the clip that attaches to the top of the forks. I have noticed that the SS (750 or 900) clip on bars are straight (right angled) from the clip that attaches to the top of the forks.

Can I fit the SS clip ons to my 620 sport to improve the riding position? Is the diameter of the top end of the forks the same?

I believe that enough clearance exists between the fairing and the fluid reservoirs to do this but cant be sure until I buy and try.

I think that getting rid of the angled down bars for right angle ones like fitted to the SS models would improve the riding position, can anyone tell me I am talking ******** here or if my master plan will work?
Old 20-Nov-2006, 21:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
The earlier 600/750/900 bars are steel ones that are fixed below the yoke on those models, although they have a huge riser on them which makes them sit quite high. Both the earlier forks are 50mm diameter at the top so they would fit your bike.
There are other alternatives out there although probably more costly like Helibars, Robby Moto do some clipons that aren't to steep and I have had Spondon make some for me in the past with a very shallow angle. FBF do shallower bar clamps for the 916 models so may also do them for the 620 sport.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 20-Nov-2006, 22:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
FBF do 50mm clamps but they come at a price

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=374

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Nov-2006, 20:55

Mood: moody!
Thanks very much for advice. I have looked at suggestions but found that Gilles Tooling offer the best solution with fully variable bars called the 'Variobar' (quite original?)

http://www.gillestooling.com/en/produkte/vb/index.php

Included the link for anyone else that is interested as they do most Ducati models. But then i am probably the only pussy on this site that wants a more comfortable riding position than the typical Ducati sports bike riding position?

Only had the bike a few weeks now and i am fully converted to Ducati, been a jap four cylinder ignoranous to now in my 10 years of riding.

I must admit to being worried at first about the power output of the 620 Sport but it certanly has enough to warrent a change of underpants when i get home, great bike (and rare), why did they only make it for 1 year?

Last edited by eel : 22-Nov-2006 at 20:58.
Old 23-Nov-2006, 07:27
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by eel

I must admit to being worried at first about the power output of the 620 Sport but it certanly has enough to warrent a change of underpants when i get home, great bike (and rare), why did they only make it for 1 year?

Really!!!