Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Nov-2005, 23:31
Mille

it was £210 for all the swag, I went mad at the nec, story of my life.

I asked myself long and hard "am i going to fall off?" the answer was always no, but what if i do? hence the spend!!
Old 19-Nov-2005, 23:36
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
R&G stuff is not cheap, but, is very good quality and I've seen them after a 50mph lowside and they did help. I'm sure a fast "bin" and nothing is gonna help.

For the spindle bungs they are about £29 list for the front and same for the back. You get quality bungs, ally mounts to go in the spindle and a stainless steel spindle with nylocs etc.

Frame kit includes a new engine mount bolt, all mount bracket that is a top piece of machining work and the bungs .... £175 list.

Sure you could get a deal if you shop around.

I'd be reluctant to drill my road fairing, but, no problem with drilling the track fairing.
Old 19-Nov-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by mark749s

I asked myself long and hard "am i going to fall off?" the answer was always no, but what if i do? hence the spend!!

If it fell off the stand, or, you dropped it doing a slow "U" turn etc you'd do much more than £200 worth of damage.
Old 20-Nov-2005, 00:30
Mille

khu
is that your 749r in riders shop with "do not sit on sold" if so saw it friday when i picked up mine after 6K service.
ps the drilling did not worry me to much, but ask me later!!
Old 20-Nov-2005, 08:12
Big Twin

Yep, that'll be mine! Waiting for its new keeper to take it away! Even though it won't be turning a wheel until the spring!

Plenty of time to fit all the goodies I've got lined up!
Old 20-Nov-2005, 10:13
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by mucka749
hi ya all how much did it knock u?looks smart....but i cant get the thought of drillin throu my fairin out my head...sccaaary
did it hurt her much

[Edited on 19-11-2005 by mucka749]

[Edited on 19-11-2005 by mucka749]

If you do not want to drill your fairing then nelly at Cornerspeed is doing these Speedy Moto crash bungs, they come in two parts, standard type crash bungs for your track day fairing, ie through the fairing & then take them off, put on the mushroom head & put your road fairing over them, they will not protect your road fairing but will protect your bike if you go down the road, ie clutch housing water pump etc, & no drilling your road fairing.

http://secure.speedymoto.com/Merchan...gory_Co de=FS

Chris.
Old 20-Nov-2005, 23:11
Mille

i thought i saw that post earlier ????
Old 21-Nov-2005, 10:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Does anyone have access to the trade prices, including VAT, of the R * G kit for the Monster 620?

I've just bought the bar ends, Crash and Fork protectors. Prices looked good, I got a discount but then VAT was added. I'm thinking if it's a mistake it's an innocent one but before I say anything, I want to check.
Old 21-Nov-2005, 11:12
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Sorry guys I don't buy into all these crash bungs, not the frame ones anyway, as I have said before might save your bodywork, water pump cover etc, but can split the frame (I've seen it done more than once) fork/spindle protectors fair enough, but the RG ones seem expensive and cumbersome, you need to remove them to get the wheels out??? JHP sell fork protectors for something like £18 for 2 bungs which tap into your existing spindle, and you can still remove your wheel with any other tools, plus I've tested them... worked a treat
Old 21-Nov-2005, 12:32
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
JHP sell fork protectors for something like £18 for 2 bungs which tap into your existing spindle, and you can still remove your wheel with any other tools, plus I've tested them... worked a treat

I tried to check those on JHP's website but couldn't find them.
Anyone has a pic of those?