Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 22-Mar-2005, 12:36
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Tough guys

Just read an aticle on the BSB website that John Reynolds is winning his race to be fit for Brands Hatch on Monday, he is currently undergoing intensive laser and hyperbaric treatment together with having a special boot designed for his leg...............that's 38 days!! after busting it while testing

Tough or what

Just makes you wonder what talkes professional footballers so long
Old 22-Mar-2005, 12:39
Mille

Mood: .
Quote:
Originally posted by neilkeogh

Just makes you wonder what takes professional footballers so long?

That's a simple one. I think you'll find that in order to be a professional footballer, you must posses the 'mincing ******' gene. It is a proven fact.

Rugby players at any level are defficient in this gene (except that mincer henson) and thus can play on with the most painful of injuries.
Old 22-Mar-2005, 12:40
Mille

Mood: .
fag*ot is censored??
Old 22-Mar-2005, 13:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Hmmm, i would agree the top boys are pretty tough, but you have to remember that they are usually at the peak of physical fitness and their ability to recover using top methods will also help over joe blogg with his local doctor and physio.

Having seen people who returned to 'normal' level sports when and injury was not recovered anough and then have careers cut short because of complications or accidents resulting from the injury I wouldn't recomend it to the average biker.

No offence Weeksy, but to ride a bike in a club race you have to be balls out and giving it everything. Doing that when you may have difficulties gripping or hanging on under pressure could risk not only yourself, but other riders.

I know you want to get out and race and I also know that with adrenalin pain can be irrelevant, but unless you acknowledge that you may have reduced grip/strenght and ride accordingly it could be risky.

Obviously I don't know how bad the fracture was, but please be careful and don't risk yourself, other and your future in racing just to get out there for the first race!
Old 22-Mar-2005, 13:54
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
...and you dont tend to get a studded boot on your repairing leg in motorsport.....what about Wilkinson? Doesnt seem to 'shake' that injury off

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit