Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Feb-2005, 22:05
Big Twin

Dyno run at JHP, then down to AJR... its been a long day!

Got up at 6am, left Swansea at 6.45am, was at JHP for about 10.15am...the traffic on the M42 was a nightmare.

My first time at JHP...what a revelation. I was greeted by Ken, who promptly showed me round the spotless workshop and introduced me to John Burrows. Then, a fwe coffies a little wander round the showroom (to dribble at the 998FE ), before my 749 is taken down to John Hackett for him to work his magic on the dyno.

My 749 was running like a dog after fitting the Termi Asymmetric System, and although I had a PCIII fitted, it wasn't set up. Needless to say, its sounding very sweet now, and making an official 107 ponies, with a nice torque curve. Might not be the 150 odd that the bigger boys can claim, but I'm very happy with the results, its got all the power I could ever use.

Big up to Ken and John at JHP... if you want to know what brilliant customer service is, go there, you won't regret it. I've never been to a dealer (bike or car) that were so friendly and helpful. Well impressed.

Then spent the next half hour getting lost coming out of Coventry, finally found my way to the M5, and blasted it down to Alan at AJR for some bits and bobs. Another top bloke, can't fault him at all. Knows everything and didn't mind taking his time teaching a numpty like me the basics. Cheers Alan.

15 hours later, I'm back home. So there we are...JHP and AJR, I wouldn't take my bike anywhere else!
Old 08-Feb-2005, 22:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
totally agree with you on the service at JHP.

We were there on Saturday and had a cuppa in our hands in about 2 mins!

Spent quite some time chatting with John and Ken as well as some other strange blokes (hi Pete/Chief) picked up a few good tips and planned the next activity bike wise... all this and we didn't even spend any money (well there is always a first time for everything) although I am sure we will make up for that next time.

Haven't been to AJR but have spoken to him in the past and he was more than helpful and I know that people certainly regard his knowledge.

All you have to do is plan a trip to Cornerspeed to see Neil and you will have covered the Ducati customer service experience in full
Old 08-Feb-2005, 22:36
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Yup sums up my experience of both 100%

Known John for a few years now, and JHP are second to non IMO, never met Alan, but bought a few bits and had a few emails, so would highly recommend him to anyone also.

As Lily has said get over to Nelly's and you've covered all bases
Old 09-Feb-2005, 20:34
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
by the look of these posts i think i will have to give JHP a try!!
Butch
Old 09-Feb-2005, 20:41
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
by the look of these posts i think i will have to give JHP a try!!
Butch

I thought you were still having your paycheck sent directly to his bank.................?

John
Old 09-Feb-2005, 23:28
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Glad you got it sorted in the end Khuram, bargain of the year M8:P
Old 09-Feb-2005, 23:33
Big Twin

Still think you should have bought that 996:P
Old 10-Feb-2005, 20:26
Big Twin

Lol. Sometimes, so do I!?! But now I have the 749, I dont think Id change it for anything else!
Old 11-Feb-2005, 18:51
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
Jhp......... they realy know what customer service is, I now refer to John & Ken as God and St Peter!! Ducati is ordained by the Catholic church I think.

Oh and don't forget the "Parts Guru" Dave who will be whoopin many an ass in the Desmo Doh
Old 11-Feb-2005, 18:56
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Chief.... you can say that, but he is recovering from a op on his leg, maybe a chink in his armour....