Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Nov-2011, 10:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Before or after you found it to be underweight?! ...because after, he added unspeung weight and it didn't seem to upset it too much.

Probably offset by the extra braking capacity
As you have pointed out Ron, on these bikes these things don't make a huge amount of difference, tuning the rider is far more important, the bike just needs to be in the right ball park

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 20-Nov-2011, 10:52
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Before or after you found it to be underweight?! ...because after, he added unspeung weight and it didn't seem to upset it too much.

It was 2Kg under at Snetterton, I fitted a spare caliper, no disc and a spare chain under the seat. But rules is rules and like most these days I had not the luxury of weighing equipment since my departure from Ricardo.

So after Snett, I decided if ballast must be added then might as well make it useful so went for a fully operational twin disc setup. Used Cadwell and Castle to get used to it. Then at Oulton made all my passes that mattered under braking at the same chicane. It was weighed and dyno'd after Oulton, with 160Kg and 48bhp.
Old 20-Nov-2011, 11:37
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
@ Chaz - so these St etc forks - you reckon worth the investment to get a set and have rebuilt rather than have a std set rebuilt?

Trouble is, you need someone around who knows what happens when you change things and what affect they will have. I guess there must be some basics which most can learn?

These are what you need. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-748...em4ab0f dcf0f

And before you say they won't fit! all you need to do is change the top stanchions & preload adjusters for SS & you would have a great pair of forks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3207940164... 4.m1423.l2648

These are what I run in my 800 monster & they are great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-Nov-2011, 11:52
Bikes: Hypermotard, 600ss

Mood: Positively pensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
These are what you need. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-748...em4ab0f dcf0f

And before you say they won't fit! all you need to do is change the top stanchions & preload adjusters for SS & you would have a great pair of forks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3207940164... 4.m1423.l2648

These are what I run in my 800 monster & they are great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gone!

Didn't take long...
Old 20-Nov-2011, 11:54
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Thanks Chaz,I have made an offer last night on a ST2 set and if I get them for the money they will be going to Maxton or KTECH (which is best???) for full rebuild to my weight etc

funny how almost every bike was first on the dyno at 53hp....then later all were 48hp....coincidence?!
Old 20-Nov-2011, 12:36
MotoGP God

Quote:
funny how almost every bike was first on the dyno at 53hp....then later all were 48hp....coincidence?!

Doubt it
The Parkitt Dyno works on a strange system and uses 3000 rpm as a calibration point.
One of the first DD bikes on it was my 600 Monster Class B bike as ridden by the journo at Brands Test day.
This bikes tacho wasn't accurate, several other bikes that were among the first to use the Dyno had no Tachos what so ever and as the Dynos Ignition pick up system was off for repair, the start of the DD database was a bit offset as the 3000 rpm calibration point was guessed at.
Over time as more and more readings were taken with more accuracy the offset was gradually corrected and readings became more accurate, with the figures trending downwards.

The Dyno operators also had a few initial issues getting the conversion between DIN and SAE sorted

The reading of my Class A bike at Pembrey was only tenths of a bhp lower than that given on the DWR Dyno at 61.3 bhp which is about what I expect from mainly home brew setup. Could probably eek a bit more out on the dyno if I add another Lambda port and get both cylinders mapped individually

Old 20-Nov-2011, 12:37
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Mine was always 48. At DWR and the 3 times I was tested after a race.... Actually, that is a lie, because when tested at Btands mine was 43bhp!! (which is probably due to the issues Skids just posted)
Old 20-Nov-2011, 13:35
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Is that parkitt as in park it in a laybay and forget becuase its not operated correctly? I have numerous bikes on three different dynos and each run on each dyno was within 0.5bhp of the other two. The parkit thing does seem a bit amateur............No RPM reading even at anglesey...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Doubt it
The Parkitt Dyno works on a strange system and uses 3000 rpm as a calibration point.
One of the first DD bikes on it was my 600 Monster Class B bike as ridden by the journo at Brands Test day.
This bikes tacho wasn't accurate, several other bikes that were among the first to use the Dyno had no Tachos what so ever and as the Dynos Ignition pick up system was off for repair, the start of the DD database was a bit offset as the 3000 rpm calibration point was guessed at.
Over time as more and more readings were taken with more accuracy the offset was gradually corrected and readings became more accurate, with the figures trending downwards.

The Dyno operators also had a few initial issues getting the conversion between DIN and SAE sorted

The reading of my Class A bike at Pembrey was only tenths of a bhp lower than that given on the DWR Dyno at 61.3 bhp which is about what I expect from mainly home brew setup. Could probably eek a bit more out on the dyno if I add another Lambda port and get both cylinders mapped individually
Old 02-Dec-2011, 16:53
MotoGP God

Quote:
Ally 851 Corsa tank was 4.75kg.

Filler caps are around 150-200g, so only make small difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Ducat...em3cbf3 eb4bf

Old 08-Dec-2011, 18:49
MotoGP God

Maybe the Hants guys could ask for a bit of Sponsorship from Moto Rapido No money just goods
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Per...em2a16c 8e4a3