Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Mar-2006, 15:18
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
Fitting of Brembo Radial M/C

Having a bit of a ball ache fitting this M/C had to pull the pin for locating the original M/C and then drill another hole in the clip on for the throttle dowel to locate. Now i have just had to have my lines shortened and think iv got the wrong banjo fittings, i got 90 degree fittings and there fouling everything, think im going to have to go and swop them for 45 degree ones! CAn anyone shed some light??? ALso does anyone have any tips and photos for locating the fluid resevoir???

Cheers
Old 11-Mar-2006, 15:26
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
If there have been any dowels in the clipons, I've removed them. As for the brake lines, can you not reverse them and use the 90 degree connector at the bottom?

Tim
Old 11-Mar-2006, 18:33
Mille
Bikes: 748R, ZXR 400

Mood: Glad to be back down south.
What year is the bike, which calipers does it have fitted?
Recently fitted both clutch and brake to mine, not a straightforward replacement but they do fit without too much aggro or big buck expenditure.
Only stumbling block was the lack of room for the B.M/C to fit between throttle housing/switchgear and bar clamp, easily remedied by removing the small (1cm) shroud around the switchgear cabling, after that it all squeezed in somehow.
Clutch M/C fitted without any dramas.
Original reservoir brackets were adapted (??????) to fit, using a small spacer under the brackets where it fits to the bar clamp and rear brake master cylinder hose, as the respective lengths from reservoirs to M/Cyls are now longer.
I'm using a two line system on the brakes, with the 90 angles exiting the master cylinder via a double banjo bolt.
Wish I could send some photos but the bike is in Moto-rapido right now being tweaked. (Of course it's standard Officer)
Hope this helps.
Old 11-Mar-2006, 18:55
500SD

m/c

Its a 2001 with ohlins and 4 padders, thats a good idea removin that shroud thing. but the bleed nipple on the M/c is right up against the clip on mount, 2 lines. and iv got 90 degree fittings and there hitting the tubes on lock! Would love a pic of how uv tweaked the standard mount and the way you have positioned the m/c
Old 11-Mar-2006, 21:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
longer bars in the clipons help.
Have you sorted the brake light switch, I use a single banjo pressure one and have a T-piece in the brake line just above the bottom yoke.
No way your going to be able to reverse the hoses, not with 4-pads and 90 degree banjos.
haven't got a picture handy but i'll try and remember to take a pic of my setup at Silverstone tomorrow
Old 12-Mar-2006, 11:55
500SD

m/c

No need for pressure switch as its just for track Kev, gona hav another look at it this afternoon, i can see me having to swop the 90 degree fittings for 45's tho. Would there be a downside to fitting the single standard hose setup??
Old 12-Mar-2006, 18:30
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
If it's the track bike Chris, move the kill switch to the left bar
90 degree fittings should fit fine though