Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Apr-2004, 00:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Penske Shock any experience

Last night while on the night shift I finally got around to fitting my Penske shock to the 916BP in place of the original 8 year old Showa unit.
The ride home in the morning was awful, far to harsh dispite stopping several times to make adjustments. After a bit of sleep and then watching the BSB from Snetterton I had a re-read of the manual and then set about readjusting the shock.
On the ride in to work for tonights shift the bike was totally transformed and a pleasure to ride. Main difference was changes to the high speed compression damping, which in the manual is a little confusing as it states the following

[i]Turning the Black hex adjuster clockwise increases the high speed damping. There are 24+/- clicks of high speed adjustment counting from full soft.

Note. When making adjustments on the high speed adjuster, start at the full soft setting (adjuster wound all the way in against the reservoir body) counting the clicks towards full firm. When adjusting low speed, start at the full firm setting (adjuster wound all the way in against high speed adjuster) counting clicks to full soft.[i]

So does winding it in make it softer or stiffer
Old 26-Apr-2004, 10:54
500SD

Mood: Anything but 'Yellow-Bellied'..!
Had a Penske SBK spec. damper on my Senna a couple of years ago. Took me ages to dial in without data-logging. But finally got there after two seasons...

Cheers.

Lee.

http://www.monstershop-ducati.co.uk