Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 22-Apr-2006, 09:21
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1

As I couldn't afford a season of DD, I decided to continue to look for another form of competition. So this year, I've decided to not do any trackdays at all & I've bought myself a 2-stroke KTM & I've been doing some enduro racing. It's great fun, but given the choice, I think I'd rather race DD.

For me, the only reason for not entering DD was lack of funds. From the outside looking in, it looks a great race series. Enjoy!

would you consider sharing a bike with another rider?

I looked at that option with another dsc member, but he couldn't commit to this year's series. The lack of actual track time was also a consideration if sharing a bike.
Old 22-Apr-2006, 12:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

- hire a DD bike?

Now what would be reasonable in this department, as I have a 2nd 600SS road bike sat in the workshop, along with a New Jet kit, K&N Filter, 900SSie longer shock Micron race can and hopefully Scooter916 will sort me a link pipe this weekend. Also have a fibreglass centre piece for the fairing to go where the headlight is.

Also got a 16mm Mastercylinder off the 620 Monster to upgrade the front brake along with aeroquip lines.

From there its not going to take much else may even replace my existing Diablos early to put the right tyres on it.

Main thing to find would be a bellypan which I can ask Tony Brancatto about.

Could prep to sell or prep to hire may be an alternative to trying to sell as a road bike
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Quote:

- hire a DD bike?

Now what would be reasonable in this department, as I have a 2nd 600SS road bike sat in the workshop, along with a New Jet kit, K&N Filter, 900SSie longer shock Micron race can and hopefully Scooter916 will sort me a link pipe this weekend. Also have a fibreglass centre piece for the fairing to go where the headlight is.

Also got a 16mm Mastercylinder off the 620 Monster to upgrade the front brake along with aeroquip lines.

From there its not going to take much else may even replace my existing Diablos early to put the right tyres on it.

Main thing to find would be a bellypan which I can ask Tony Brancatto about.

Could prep to sell or prep to hire may be an alternative to trying to sell as a road bike

Dunno really - depends upon the level of interest. It would be fee to hire - £100? + cover all expenses ?

And an agreement that if you break it you replace it. I know that Louigi was trying to offer similar last year - were there any takers?

- the other thing that might get DSCers involved would be to provide a small amount of sponsorship to cover fuel, or entries, or tyres - as much or as little as appropriate, and the DSCer would get his/her name (or company name) on the side of the bike for a race (or races?).

Then there would be a level of involvement in the series and someone to follow?

I'm glad there has been some positive comments to this - 'tis good!!!

Anyone want to sponsor my umbrella for tomorrow????

Tim
Old 22-Apr-2006, 18:04
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.

Umm, Time.

Time, time and guess what? Time. Oh and a lack of cash at the moment as I have just bought a house and will be the DIY/builder slave for at least the rest of this year.

Id love to come and watch a few races though.

DC.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
i might be able to offer a hand at the castle coombe event if anyone needs it drop me a u2u.ta

my main reason for not entering was the cost of the deisel to get from cornwall to each meeting, well over a £1000 over the cost of a season and i 'd have to sell the road bike which may have been worth the sacrifice if it meant i could race.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:41
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
i might be able to offer a hand at the castle coombe event if anyone needs it drop me a u2u.ta

my main reason for not entering was the cost of the deisel to get from cornwall to each meeting, well over a £1000 over the cost of a season and i 'd have to sell the road bike which may have been worth the sacrifice if it meant i could race.
Deej
SELL the road bike LOL
Glyn
Old 28-Apr-2006, 23:29
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
- the other thing that might get DSCers involved would be to provide a small amount of sponsorship to cover fuel, or entries, or tyres - as much or as little as appropriate, and the DSCer would get his/her name (or company name) on the side of the bike for a race (or races?).

You mean something like this?

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/18

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/22

I can concur that it's a lot of fun and a great way to get involved. All racers could do with a little extra support and generally really appreciate it when others take an interest in what they're doing.

Old 29-Apr-2006, 00:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
yeah i treid that glyn but no-one wanted to buy it

won the engine on ebay and had enough left over to win the breil watch too just need to find a way of getting to uckfield to collect the damn engine now
Old 29-Apr-2006, 02:18
Mille

Mood: gutted.
i just saw my first race/trackday on my hols here in the states, and i am hooked.
i really want to give it a whirl now...I just dont have the time/money to spare at the moment.

With regard to trackdays, do you need any license extensions etc ?
Also, my body is kinda shagged. Are there any health restrictions to going out on a track?
Old 29-Apr-2006, 08:05
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
yeah i treid that glyn but no-one wanted to buy it

won the engine on ebay and had enough left over to win the breil watch too just need to find a way of getting to uckfield to collect the damn engine now

You really must try harder, Or sell the 748 cheaper,,,,LOL
Glyn