Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 27-Mar-2006, 23:09
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
ericthered first race

That was fudging mental and defiantly the best fun I’ve had with me cloths on. Friday was wet and terrifyingly slippery. I did five sessions during the day all wet. I visited most of the grass around the track at some point in the day but stayed on the bike. Bear Curry and banter on Friday night in Louth with some good company, helped take my mind off the fact I would be racing on the ice rink on Sunday if the weather was crap. Spent the day on Saturday watching some good racing and took the bike for scrutinizing. Pulled the bike in and matey tells me to hold the back of the bike, so I put me hands round and grab the tail unit. He then said no get off the fudging thing and hold it. So feeling like a knob I get off and hold it. Now he knows he’s got a live One he asks me to hold one leg up then the other, then both at the same time. Back out for more grub and bear this time joined by Ant and his secret weapon pit bitch. Clocks forward so early night.
Qualifying!!! Went out and started trying to hard and not thinking about it at all and had some BIG slides in the tricky half Dry conditions. 13th would have to do but I have made a note to plan this better next time. First start ever! I must say I still didn’t feel that nervous after the sighting lap as we rolled up to the grid but then it happened. My planning had not allowed for the fact that we were to follow the Hornets off after a time delay, so silly bollix launches of the line when the first Red light went out. I managed to stop before hitting the bike in front and had to wheel myself back to the line, think Dickey went with me as well but also managed to do the same. That was it swamped off the start and no wear to go just bikes and bodies all leaning on each other, Madness is the only words to describe it and I was at the back of it. Over in a flash and still not sure wear I ended up but out of the top Ten. Second race and off the line much better and had my eyes fixed on that Yellow Domski ass but he eased away with Ant, buy lap 4 I was on to Rattler and gave him a wheel round the old hire pin, (Fastest lap 6 there Tim, I seam to get you going) just as he turned to have a look. I was in a solid Tenth with Two laps to have a go when my fudging visor flipped up lifted my lid back and when I closed it the balaclava I wear under it came down over my eyes. At first I lifted it up but every time I closed it, it fell back down again. I ran wide on to the grass Two or three times and still tried to race as best I could with a blind fold on but dropped back to 11th or Twelfth and out of the top Ten again. I have now burnt the balaclava and am coming to get you fudgers up in the top Ten at Brands.

Conclusions

Racing is every bit as good as it looked from the pit wall, I love it.
Couldn’t do it with a better bunch of people.

Special thanks to Ruthie for the good luck, Roger, Gary, Simon and Georgia for the help and supporting an old git racing.

:de vil::P
Old 27-Mar-2006, 23:15
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Sounds like good fun ! Well done Eric ! good report

/ian