Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jul-2005, 23:00
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
klg carbon

has anyone on here bought any of the klg carbon stuff from ebay. im looking at getting a few bits but am a bit wary of this dodgy french carbon reputation, is it that bad or do you just get what you pay for??

i know it wont be as high quality as d.performance stuff but i cant afford all the genuine bits so it has to be cheaper options.

opinions please
Old 26-Jul-2005, 10:38
500SD

Its seems to me that they have traded under several different names (dixo carbon springs to mind) and that the shipping charges are expensive.

I feel that you will get what you pay for.................................

But I am open to being proved wrong
Old 26-Jul-2005, 10:45
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I received a carbon front mudguard for the 748 - got it for £26 in the end.

They appear to be a single outer layer of carbon, probably backed with fibreglass, and then a black paint underneath. It's certainly not full CF as it is far too stiff and a bit heavier too.

The quality is fine, a couple of minor (very minor!) pock marks in the gel coat, but it fitted fine and the weave is all ok too.

For the price you can't beat it. I paid by PayPal and it took a week to arrive.

I believe that all of these traders are using drop-shipping rather than it being one single company - that is that they're making commission on the orders made to a third party rather than supplying all the items themselves. The guy I paid was in the UK, but the item came from France. Someone must be selling a "retailer package" for ebay which includes all the auction templates and graphics, which is why they all look the same.

For the price you can't go wrong. Take into account the shipping and bid accordingly.

YMMV, etc.

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by antonye]
Old 26-Jul-2005, 12:36
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
They have a website that isn't great: www.klg-carbone.com It's in French and has some rear huggers, front mudgards and a couple of seat cowels (as well as something I dont recoginse).
They certainly seem to use e-bay as their main distribution channel ratheer than their own site fro the range they have on it.
Cant quite see the link in a company that produces carbon fibre for motorcycles and does paintballing?
Old 26-Jul-2005, 12:40
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

I'll dig out the invoice that came with the box, as this has a couple of website names on which may well be the suppliers rather than the distributors.
Old 26-Jul-2005, 23:29
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
cheers antonye

im aware of the postage charge but its still cheaper than paying for genuine ducati products. did you receive any emails form them before you bought it as i always email my potential supplier to see if they reply, so far no reply !!

how does the front mudguard look on the bike, all ok

i doubt the untrained eye would be able to tell the difference !!!

we'll see what happens with my bids and i'll come back to you if i get anything.
Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Didn't bother emailing them - I've had issues with other sellers on ebay before and found the PayPal resolution pretty good, so just waited until it turned up or not, as the case may be.

Looks fine on the bike, and you're right - you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, especially with a corse sticker on it!

I can take some pics if you like, but I wouldn't worry, just wait until it turns up.

The websites on the invoice are:

http://www.opeak.com/
http://www.carbon-edge.com/
http://www.o-racing.com/
Old 30-Jul-2005, 21:44
Ducati Meccanica

i like to see if people reply as i have no confidence in the paypal systema fter being left £80 out of pocket on a dodgy mobile phone.

they replied and i won a oil cooler cover as they call it so we'll see whats it like soon, carbon mudguard up next me thinks