Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Jul-2006, 21:17
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=29993

if any one wants a brake down of what iv done just drop me a u2u or email i must be on the tightest bugets going and iv managed to do a lot of work to the bike and get some track days in

My budgets tighter
Old 11-Jul-2006, 21:37
Mille

Just rushed out to garage where i keep my book of costs. The wife's just asked if i'm ok, she says i look a bit white! If i'm feeling brave i'll post my cost total at the end of the season.
Old 12-Jul-2006, 08:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
yep,its no way near race ready yet...

it needs new fairing and seat unit!!!!what is on there, is no good..
clip ons...
oil cooler,and lines...
front suspension....
rear sets...
then respray...
hoping to get a van this week..

but going to orlando in september,so going to have a good holiday first....
then when i get back,will do a few trackdays to get back into it,and to get a good feel for the bike!!!

thats all easy stuff dude....one day in the garage..its just bolt on goodies..the work will come when u start stripping the engine.!..hehehehe..........

I cant wait to have you on the DD grid dude..................its gonna be fun

Phil
Old 12-Jul-2006, 08:45
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kye
They are just normal vinyl cut ones ordered off the internet, however my mate Andy at ANR Performance UK has sticker cutting and printing capabilitys

http://www.anrperformanceuk.co.uk/

He printed all the stickers / photo's on the Scooter Shop van if you saw it? Give him a ring and he'll sort you out

thanks mate will do..
Old 12-Jul-2006, 08:51
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
thats all easy stuff dude....one day in the garage..its just bolt on goodies..the work will come when u start stripping the engine.!..hehehehe..........

I cant wait to have you on the DD grid dude..................its gonna be fun

Phil

yeah its not to bad,just need to take it easy on the bike, intill i come back from my holiday.
most of that stuff i will get over the winter.........

hopefully Crusty, is going to be stripping my engine...but dont tell him that yet!!!!lol

cant wait to get on that Grid...should be good fun..
Old 12-Jul-2006, 09:31
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Phillc,

I reckon mine on being half the cost of yours Phil, I think I can get on the 'Gucci Class' grid for that,

I'll tot it all up tonight and list it,

Andy

Last edited by andys 900ss : 12-Jul-2006 at 09:40.
Old 12-Jul-2006, 09:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
The cheapest way is to buy a bike ready done and sell at end of year for very little loss. Add on the entries and other costs and you could prob do a season for around £2-£2.5k....of course none of us do this LOL
Old 12-Jul-2006, 09:46
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
the work will come when u start stripping the engine.!..hehehehe..........

I can't understand all those people stripping their engines... ... ...
Old 12-Jul-2006, 11:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Did the whole of last season for a little over £3k including buying and preping the bike.
This year I'm looking at a budget of £2k for racing in Class B with last years bike.
The Class A bike is nearly ready, having cost me £2200 so far but then I have a lot of bits left that I could sell on, which could easily reduce the cost by £400. So I hope to have it race ready for a net price of £2k

Then I can look at selling my 583 Class B bike at the end of the year and recovering some of that outlay

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jul-2006, 11:25
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
For those that have look at my expenses spreadsheet and say "I've done it cheaper," I'd really like to know how.

Given that this is the first time I've ever raced, there are some things that I couldn't avoid buying - like a one piece suit. And I think I got a pretty good deal on the suit that I did end up purchasing.

Perhaps I could have somehow modified the standard road fairings and not bought specific track fairings. But I did buy them already colour impregnated to save on the cost of spraying them.

Sure, there's been a few little things that I've bought that in retrospect I could have done without, but I honestly think they'd only add up to around £100 to £150. And of course I can re-coup some of this cost by trying to sell on the road kit.

Could I have done without a back protector and saved £90? Yes. But would I want to race without one? No.

Could I have not bought new boots for £140 and kept using my existing road boots? Yes. Would I have needed a new pair anyway after I finished putting holes in my road ones? Yes.

Could I have raced at Oulton without doing a track day, saving probably £200 in total? Yes. Would my results have been even worse, given that I had never been to the track or even ridden the bike previously? Yes.

The only money I've spent that was truly "waste" was 2.5 hours labour getting the electrics fixed after I screwed them up removing the Datatool alarm.

Truly, I'd be really interested in how and where I could have saved money. Any ideas appreciated.