Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 15-Jul-2005, 23:38
Bevel Head

riding round Germany

I've currently got the option of working in Germany for a month or so, near the old RAF base at wildenrath. I'm tempted to take my bike over, and go for a few rides round when i'm not working.
Wondered if any of you have experience of the area and know any good roads round that neck of the woods?
Old 05-Aug-2005, 01:16
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
The Nürnberg Ring is only 2 hours from Wildenrath and the roads in the Eifel (that's around the "Ring") are some of the best in Europe. Plus, the Autobahns have no speed limits if you want to see how fast your bike really goes.

I live in southern Germany, near Stuttgart. If you fancy coming down one weekend let me know. The B500 is only half-an-hour from me in the Black Forest and it's one of the best routes in Germany, ask anyone who has driven it.

U2U me and I will see what Bike tours there are in that area.
Old 08-Aug-2005, 19:13

Germany 2005

Just returned from Hartz mountains, fantastic roads. Don't know how far that is from u, but we stayed in a biker pension ( B&B ). Try Kyffhauser, 36 bends climbing the side of a mountain, scraping pegs all the way!! Address available if u want 2 stay overnight, maybe?
Old 09-Aug-2005, 15:49
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Spartacus
i used to be based in the RAF In Germany and have been to the wrath quite a few times, The only thing that spoiled my fun on bikes out there was the cost of insurance but if you can get long term cover from the uk go for it. The roads are great and even the dirt tracks have better surfaces than our motorways.
For fast fun we used to head over the border into holland where bikers seem a lot more welcome, and the birds are much fitter.
What ever you decide have fun
Glyn