Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Jun-2009, 12:19
500SD

Just thanks...

I went to Mallory on Thursday for a track day and hated the place!!

Come race day qualifying i decided to prove it by coming off at Gerrards in 5th gear just shy of full throttle.

Manged to get out for the race courtesy of a role call of people who helped me - Chas, Graeme Blakey, Chris P, Andy C, Paul Payne, Phil, Dave, - i think that's it but I think you get the point.

Got out in race and found out my tyres were sh@gged when coming out of Edwina's with a high side type moment. Also interesting tyre characteristics around Gerrards Did my best but decided not to push too much.

Second race - Paul Payne leant me a set of not very part worn tyres to go out in the second race. He had his own issues on the day as Otei has written about but still found time and generosity for some else. Thanks a million.

Tyres felt a lot better so i tried to push on in the second race and was having some good dices with nog and a couple of others and having passed I set sights on another bike in front and Phil (ghost). Unfortunately it was not to be as I then lost the front at the bus stop – lots of throttle, turning hard and braking are not a good equation Got my best lap time of the day in that race which was fairly pleasing considering I still don't particularly like the place. I have a sore knee and shoulder so that’s at least 4 sore DD knees courtesy of mallory - lol

DD is now GP - ;-)
I managed to watch the rest of the race from the bus stop and saw something a never thought I'd see in DD. The leg out technique that is sweeping through the GP paddock - LOL As Kev Palmer came into the left of the bus stop another rider, leg out off road style tried to sneak in on the inside just as he was hitting the apex unfortunately this pushed Kev to the right and he ended up hitting the curbs in the middle of the bus stop and going down. It was great to watch from the bus stop (obviously not Kev's crash though) and I think I will definitely go watch BSB there one of these days.

bye for now and all fallers GWS

Last edited by Fastfasulli : 22-Jun-2009 at 12:31.
Old 22-Jun-2009, 12:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Well done for getting back out there M8. In qualifing as I came down the straight I saw your nucular dust mushroom cloud as came round Gerrards. Nasty and fast fall.

Craig