Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:03
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not for me, nice idea but beyond my budget, and as a Ex member of Bemsee and originally a mechanic for a couple of mates that raced with Bemsee and dis Le Croix I have a fair idea of the extra it will add to my budget.
Give me Oulton any day or pembrey as thats about the same distance for me and they are usually 2 day meetings with a circuit practice day on the Friday so 3 days on track for one lot of travelling, would also cater for any members the other side of the Seven bridge.
And I would also be happy to do Knockhill if it was a 2 day meet, but to far to travel for one day.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:07
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
But as the other thread showed, the DD racers and others who have suggested what tracks they would like to see in and out didn't include Croft.

Scuse me Sir - I mentioned Croft :P

Oopsh!

Coat on ...
Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
own goal!!!

Quote:
what I am thinking of is probably close to London than Knockhill.

I think thats what JPM is talking about. Why is the centre of the universe London??

That apart, if the racers want it, go for it.

Ray
Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:21
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by pibbow
Hi gang I'm new to dsc and DD seems to be very popular. But I have seen this happen in a couple of other clubs. It can all get out of control and split clubs apart. IE the have's and have not's. Please don't forget the club should benfit all.

i'm sure it wont. we just like to have a good old natter about any issues, real, hypothetical, or downright ridiculous!

definitely not a question of the have and the have nots. anyone in the club who wants to race in DD can. may have to chop their road bike in or use it as some have but thats the choice.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 17:33
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
own goal!!!

Quote:
what I am thinking of is probably close to London than Knockhill.

I think thats what JPM is talking about. Why is the centre of the universe London??

That apart, if the racers want it, go for it.

Ray

i never really understand all this 'why cant we do more up north? north/south divide' stuff. the fact of the matter is: the vast majority of the english population live in the south east region, nearly 15% in london alone. unfortunately thats the way its is. thats why the major business is here, the major airports, the major sea ports, the major;dare i say it circuits: brands, silverstone and depending where you draw the line donington.

while its a nice plan it really doesnt make any sense to get 90% of the people to go to the 10% of the circuits that are furthest away.

this is not meant to be anti north or anything like that its just facts.

i do 3+ hours to cadwell for DD and DSC trackdays and would happilly go to oulton park or futher if i needed to.

it just doesnt make sense to go to knockhill for instance just because its there.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 18:05
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
North/South divide

I'd be limited in my budget wherever we went so I'd like to see what Chris has to say on costs but the idea of racing on the continent is another world to the likes of me, I've never even done a trackday abroad!

As for this North/South debate I'm not the only racer living on the south coast, so a 10 mile trip to the ferry port (dunno what mileage would be the other end) plus ferry is possibly going to be competitive (I'll wait n see) with a 2.5 hour drive to Brands, 3 hour drive to Castle Combe, 5.5 hour drive to Snett or 6.5 hour drive to Cadwell. That's just the circuits we've had races on, are you asking me to travel further north to race so you dont have so far to come watch
Old 13-Jul-2005, 18:06
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
How about Pembrey?

I cross water to get there, the locals speak a different language and hate the English - sounds like somewhere abroad to me....

Tin hat on boyo :P
Old 13-Jul-2005, 18:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Dickie,

Getting off topic. To a certain extent I agree with you. The centre of gravity of the club is below Watford gap AFAIK and it was very interesting to hear the membership numbers by region/area a few years ago at the AGM.

At the very least it helps RO's work out if the balance of active/passive membership in their region and the proportion of members they get out on regional stuff.

As for Clubby racing DD is pretty much a series with a national spread of circuits that draws a line at crossing into Scotland and Wales!!

Racers vote with their wallets, single circuit series survive if there is enough interest.

If there is support from the racers for a race abroad then off they go!!

The North South divide is maybe another thread?

Ray.
Old 13-Jul-2005, 18:23
Mille

If there were to be a foreign round I doubt very much if it should be point-scoring, as there would probably be quite a number of non-attendees (on grounds of cost/time etc, all discussed here). As soon as any round is made "just for fun" you would then, no doubt, lose a load more runners and riders....and the whole thing collapses!

I personally would vote for adding Phillip Island and Laguna Seca to the callendar as I'm obsessed with these "hallowed" circuits! However, the reallity is that it all would be "in my dreams" and I'd probably struggle to muster the enthusiasm even to get to Knockhill (has anyone ever watched a BSB meeting from there where the field weren't being lashed with rain?).

No, no...I think adding, say, Oulton and one or two carefully chosen UK circuits would be the sensible thing to do for the benefit of the riders, their "hangers-on" and the DSC membership.....sorry!!!

Anyhow...this is all hyperthetical for me anyway as I feel a "marital-ban" coming on for the 2006 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy #99
Old 13-Jul-2005, 18:26
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I'd rather see a DSC trackday abroad and not restrict this to DD'ers.

Tim