Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 13-Feb-2006, 10:36
500SD

trackdays abroad

since i have just had to cancel my skiing holiday i am thinking of a trackday thing abroad

purely to learn more as i am no track god
looking at cartegena

has anyone any experience?
it includes hotel flights bike transport etc
as a noviceish will i be welcomed / laughed out of the paddock? thinking of taking my little fzr600 you see....
Old 13-Feb-2006, 10:42
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
You'll be fine, check out the usual trackday suspects, but I'd start with the No Limits boys.

I know there are a few guys on here going off to Jerez in April - try a search and get out there with those guys.

You could also consider the CSS at Almeria - I think they have spaces in April (new date) - more expensive than a trackday, but loads of instruction and if you can fund it, will be ideal for your "noviceish" status.

Cartagena is great, its a bit remote (aren't they all?) - I prefer Almeria, but they're all good.

You can get the flights, bike transport, accomodation all in package with some of the operators -

Try here; http://www.uktrackdays.co.uk/

They cover Euro dates too.

Good luck
Tim
Old 13-Feb-2006, 11:23
500SD

cheers rattler - appreciate that
will look into it at lunch
Old 13-Feb-2006, 11:34
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

I went down to the track at Almeria when over on hols last year to watch some of our guys riding there. Looks a reasonable circuit and if you can't expect good weather there I don't know where else you could try
Old 13-Feb-2006, 13:37
GTL

There's three of us going to Jerez in April with Focused Events (although I think its full now...there might be a reserve list). I know Tracksense have some deals to Almeria at the end of February and in March, and Jerez in May:

www.tracksense.co.uk

Almeria and Jerez are both great circuits, and I wouldn't worry about not being a "track-god"...I am at the slow end of the intermediates, and I have always had a great time on European tracks. Normally more friendly than UK days, as everyone tends to be in the same hotel, and there is normally plenty of help and advice available in the garages and at the bar in the evenings .

Inclusions in the price tend to vary from operator to operator...their costs are going to be similar, so I think you end up paying pretty much the same whoever you go with.

Focused Events appear have a few spaces to Cartegena on 3rd April. Can't comment on the track, but I would recommend their European trips. Pretty much everything is included (apart from a surcharge for getting your bike picked up locally to you, rather than delivering it to Diss), and they really hammer the safety aspect in every morning.

Overall, I can't recommend European Track days too highly...great fun!
Old 13-Feb-2006, 16:15
Big Twin

Mood: r
im going to bed,i got the flu..