Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Dec-2004, 10:30
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
ST2 Mudguard on SSie 03?

Anyone think it'll be a straight fit?

I've had my SSie now for a year and shotgunned 2 oil coolers from $h1t3 off the road, so I've looked everywhere for a fenda extenda and cant get one for the SSie (same as a 916-996 family mudgaurd).

So a 98-02 ST2 guard looks the exact same fittings albeit with a possible need for minor mod on the mounting lugs.

Anyone any idea?

[Edited on 23-12-2004 by Stu]
Old 23-Dec-2004, 11:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yes Stu, I think the mudguards of any Ducati with a Showa equiped front end are interchangeable (except for the newer 999 and Multistrada types).

If the SS has the same fitment as the 748/996 etc then so does the ST2, I know that because I got a Casoli carbon guard originally fitted to a 996 from ebay for my ST, and although I haven't fitted it yet the hole positions are identical.

If I didn't want to keep my original guard you could've had it, but ST2/4 mudguards crop up on ebay quite regularly
Old 23-Dec-2004, 14:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools

If the SS has the same fitment as the 748/996 etc then so does the ST2, I know that because I got a Casoli carbon guard originally fitted to a 996 from ebay for my ST, and although I haven't fitted it yet the hole positions are identical.

I've used a front fender from a 748/996 etc on my SSie so I guess it would fit.