Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jan-2005, 17:57
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE M

See you at the Church house then???

You'll need to refresh my memory mate, I left Trentham about 10 years ago (I'm 32 now).
I away on a posting but will be back in UK in May. I'll certainly come for a ride to down to my old haunts for a ride with you lads.
Old 25-Jan-2005, 18:07
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Icarus, I'm a local, just up in Kendal I think our local branch is Blacpool'ish, think there are some peeps in Bolton-Le-Sands aswell !

Welcome aboard.

DCR

Good stuff mate.
Thanks for the welcome.
Like I said I'm due to fly off on a posting Sunday night and won't be back until May but it would be good to meet up before or after then for a ride, weather depending.
What bike do you ride?

stu
Old 25-Jan-2005, 18:18
Montjuic

"WINTER" ?? Whats that? - mind you I'm on a Ducati now and they don't like the cold and wet do they?

Where do you get your service done? I need a 12k service.

stu
Old 25-Jan-2005, 18:29
GTL

Just a note no 600ss had white frames as the first ones were produced 1994 and all white frames SS finished in 1992
Old 25-Jan-2005, 18:53
Montjuic

All numbers tally with log book and look original, plus I bought it from a dealer who knows its history. I have all MOT certs confirming milage and the last bloke owned it for 8 years.

Its been painted white for some reason though? Maybe he just liked white.

The frame number starts ZDM600S*001192*

I assume this means 600SS number 1192 built?
Old 25-Jan-2005, 20:16
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Quote:
Originally posted by icarus

Its been painted white for some reason though? Maybe he just liked white.

Can't blame him really - the red-faired, white-framed SS's look great!
My frame has been painted black, partly to minimise any future corrosion problems but also because it's the colour I want - if all of the bits are coming off anyway then it's not that expensive.

cheers, Chi
ps welcome aboard!
Old 25-Jan-2005, 20:30
Montjuic

I like the look of the the black wheeled superlight thats on another thread by 900SL Pete.

Wonder what black wheels and white frame would come out like.
Need to get hold of a single seat conversion too.

What tyres do you lads recommend?
Old 25-Jan-2005, 21:11
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
yup - got black wheels as well, although I think white wheels would go much better with your frame.

Frank (iconic944ss) posted a link to a single seat conversion on ebay a couple of days ago - looks nice, and available directly from the retailer in Germany.

I like Pirelli Diablo Corsas myself and seems to be the tyre of choice amongst the SSerati.
Old 25-Jan-2005, 22:55
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi Stu - Welcome on board.

Nice looking bike you have there - can't believe someone here has not made you an offer for it yet for Desmodue (like a swop for a 750 ).

Sadly, the book I have does not mention the 600ss ever being produced with a white painted frame so, sorry - yours might well have been fully rebuilt at some point.

Single seat:
As Chi mentions Diopa and others produce some nice full single seat conversions however, Ducati themselves still produce a cowl that goes over the passenger part to make the back end look nice - I bought one from Ducati Leeds for about £50 a few years ago.

Links for other manufacturers:
http://www.diopa.com/shop/shop.html

Rear seat cover is also on this site:
http://www.kaemna.de/cms_en/katalog....=seite&seite=1

Tyres:
Very personal but I'm told that (even though I have them myself) Diablo corsa's are over kill for the road and that the standard Diablo is just as good and a bit cheaper.

http://www.pirellidiablo.com/en_96/d...inDiablo.jhtml

Good luck - Frank
Old 26-Jan-2005, 00:13
Montjuic

Thanks for the links.

I'm guessing that at some point my bike has had a major overhaul because a lot of parts look polished and for a 1994 bike its obviously been touched up in places because it looks so new and clean.

The MOT's show that the bike has been used pretty steadily each year apart from one when it did less than 1000 miles, there are reciepts for some minor bits that year, the story goes that the previous owner had it for 6 years then decided it looked tired and totally re-vamped it, kept it for another 18 months and then traded it in for a 748, I bought it from the dealer that sold him the 748. They also had a 996 in but I couldn't afford it.

This bike is totally different from anything I've ever owned before but already I love it. Its not very fast but handles beautifully and is pleasant to ride at realistic speeds.

Look forward to getting out on it in the summer and maybe meeting up with you lot.

ALB
stu