Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Jun-2005, 11:38

Reluctant sale of my SP4

As mentioned before, my knee injury now precludes me from riding bikes, so I'm having to release the SP4 for sale. The bike has a huge file of History, it was bought and sold from Forza's twice I think. The owner before me owned it for 6 years and is a Jaguar restoration engineer. He was a DSC member and the bike is well known it seems in the club. I am also an Engineer and. of course, like everything to be mechanically perfect. When I bought it, Baines' put it through their workshop and did EVERYTHING to it to bring it up to top spec, refreshing the engine with a strip down and including replacing a couple of cam followers due to the usual plating wear, doing the belts of course etc etc. I did 700 miles on it and changed the oil. I've just changed the oil again after 1000 more miles.
The bike has been very pampered all its life and, will I'm sure serve its new owner very well. If it wasn't for my change in circumstances I had intended to keep the bike forever...

Price - Forza had 2 this year which lasted about 3 days in their showroom - so they're getting more and more popular it seems - they have offered to put it up for £8450, so I can let it go to a DSC member for that less commission - so around £8K.

Let me know if you are interested - I'm in Milton Keynes if you want to take a look.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 11:46
Dibble

sorry to hear this mate ... someone will be a very happy chappy with that bike.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 11:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Jim-bob, You do realise that I'm now sitting here biting my knuckles with the frustration of knowing that there is a very tidy SP4 for sale just around the corner from where I live (it was you at Chichely last year wasn't it?), that I'm fast coming to the conclusion that I would rather have an SP4 or 5 than any other Ducati but that I've only got £8.00 to spare, never mind £8,000
Old 08-Jun-2005, 12:01
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Hey Jools, why don't you get shut of that Volvo of yours, buy jim-bobs SP4 and keep it round at mine (next to mine !)

You know it makes sense
Old 08-Jun-2005, 12:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Jim-bob, You do realise that I'm now sitting here biting my knuckles with the frustration of knowing that there is a very tidy SP4 for sale just around the corner from where I live (it was you at Chichely last year wasn't it?), that I'm fast coming to the conclusion that I would rather have an SP4 or 5 than any other Ducati but that I've only got £8.00 to spare, never mind £8,000

Hi Jools,
Yes that was me!
Just do what everybody else does mate - nip round to tesco's, buy some shopping and get a loan on the way out! The difference between 888 SP's and most other bikes is that they will never lose money and probably go up in value over time...
Someday they'll be worth a LOT of money IMO.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 12:16
Dibble

Jools,

I can offer you a loan from my family bank , no forms obviously but Banco DeBlasi De Napoli WILL collect its debt one way or the other .....

Feel free to conact e directlt to discuss the finer points ....
Old 08-Jun-2005, 12:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Alas, putting my son through 4 years of Uni @ 5K per year and, just last month, handing over an equivalent amount to my daughter so that she could put a deposit on her house and pay for her upcoming wedding has left me remortgaged, over extended and with credit cards nearing the max.

Unless the share price of the company I work for goes skywards and my stock options actually become worth anything...I've calculated that it'll take me another 3 years to pay it all off !!!

And then there is the Desmo Due dream as well as the SP4/5 dream, and the 999S dream...perhaps I'm just destined to spend the next few years as a sad dreamer

Wouldn't change it though, bikes are important to me but helping my kids achieve their dreams is more so.

Good luck with the sale, and let me know who buys it...I may have to stalk them!