Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-May-2006, 10:08
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
You seem to have done a lot of "work" to your clutch area. You say you have a new "later" type slave cylinder, and i believe your bike is a 916?.............dont you need the slightly longer push rod for that new slave..............?

This would account for pumping the lever then it works.....your are in effect taking up the slack of the shorter push rod!

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by andyb]
Old 03-May-2006, 10:30
Mille

I have the longer rod fitted of course!!
Old 03-May-2006, 13:18
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: Had 748,749, 848 and now a 1199 Panigale

Mood: Living the dream.
is your push rod spining when the bike is runing? it should not.
Old 03-May-2006, 15:59
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Once you've checked out the above, try doing a couple more things.

First of all, with your clutch hydraulics air can get trapped at the top of the system quite easily so you might need to bleed it from the master cylinder end. You can do this by fitting a banjo with a bleed nipple on it, or do what I do and get loads of absorbent rag around everything close to the master cylinder, then just crack the banjo open until the fluid can just seep through. Pull the clutch lever in slowly otherwise fluid will jet out everywhere, hold the lever to the bar and nip the banjo up again before letting the lever go. Do this two or three times and all the air should be out of the master cylinder.

Second, clutches are harder to bleed than brakes because, unlike brakes, the slave cylinder will move and start to actuate the clutch even with a bit of air in the system, so I've found that you need to 'prime' the slave cylinder by taking the slave off the bike, pulling the clutch lever in slowly to drive the slave piston out a little way, then push the slave piston back with your thumb as you crack open the bleed nipple - I've got quite a bit of air out this way.

If all else fails, leave the slave cylinder off and reverse bleed the system by doing the 'pushing the slave piston back' bit and cracking the banjo at the master end as well (obviously nipping the banjo up again before letting the slave piston go.
Old 03-May-2006, 17:56
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Once you've checked out the above, try doing a couple more things.

First of all, with your clutch hydraulics air can get trapped at the top of the system quite easily so you might need to bleed it from the master cylinder end. You can do this by fitting a banjo with a bleed nipple on it, or do what I do and get loads of absorbent rag around everything close to the master cylinder, then just crack the banjo open until the fluid can just seep through. Pull the clutch lever in slowly otherwise fluid will jet out everywhere, hold the lever to the bar and nip the banjo up again before letting the lever go. Do this two or three times and all the air should be out of the master cylinder.

Second, clutches are harder to bleed than brakes because, unlike brakes, the slave cylinder will move and start to actuate the clutch even with a bit of air in the system, so I've found that you need to 'prime' the slave cylinder by taking the slave off the bike, pulling the clutch lever in slowly to drive the slave piston out a little way, then push the slave piston back with your thumb as you crack open the bleed nipple - I've got quite a bit of air out this way.

If all else fails, leave the slave cylinder off and reverse bleed the system by doing the 'pushing the slave piston back' bit and cracking the banjo at the master end as well (obviously nipping the banjo up again before letting the slave piston go.

got one of these the other day to help with the next bleed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

on a different note(s) - am i correct in thinking dot 5.1 won't damage paint? is it ok to use in my 748?

ta
Old 03-May-2006, 18:17
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by CipiVTS
...the chain cause it's quite worn + the front sprocket cause it's missing a few teeth....

...Finally the issue is after riding at high speeds (200kmh)...

Shurely something doesn't add up here?
Old 04-May-2006, 13:56
Mille

What exactly?