Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Feb-2005, 19:51
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
Quote:
Originally posted by monstermob 998
ok heres one-- is it possible to fit 600ss crank barrels and heads to 750ss bottom end(gearbox/crankcases) this will enable a six speed gearbox and the use of an oil cooler/oil temp guage would it not?or is it possible to fit oil cooler and-oil temp guage to 600SS crankcase/gearbox and then fit ducati performance aftermarket six speed gear cluster?-- just thinkin of next years project

have started planning next years project- ok so the above may not be feasible ( didnt get any replies)apart from fitting the six speed cluster in the 600 gearbox and adding an oil temp guage as per the ducati performance catalogue part no 965069AAA where does the sender fit????? is it possible to plumb in an oil cooler to original 600 crankcases? and also in the ducati performance catalogue there are some variable-advance control units- do these just advance the ignition timing if so , for what purpose??higher torque? faster revving?or just moves the torque of the engine to lower revs ?
Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Nick, I am measuring them from cold.
Here's the procedure.
Get bike out of garage.
Check tyre pressure (yes I have a digital tyre pressure gauge of my very own).
It's invariably 4 - 5 lbs down on the front and between 2 and 4 on the back.
Take it to garage (200 yards up the road)
Add air.

re-measure pressure next time I get bike out - about 5 - 7 days later.
pressure dropped again.

I have to say, I think it's something to do with the fact that I'm riding on these 208RRs. I've never had this drop in pressure on any tyre before, unless I actually had a slow puncture.

And what about the tread??? Where's you're reply on that?

Leave it till you're sober to answer because I don't want to have to struggle with some uninteligible drivel - (she can bl00dy talk! )

Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:30
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I'm starting to think this whole thing is a smoke screen by RedRuth so she can ask every single question she's ever wanted to in one single thread.

Clever really - I like it !

Frank
Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Ruth its worth checking the valves for leaks if you have the alloy ones that Ducati originally fit, I have known them to corrode in our luvley winter conditions and start leaking air past them.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:19
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Pressure

Hi Ruth
Have you measured the pressures with your digital gauge at the garage, immediately after you have re-inflated the tyres? Check what your gauge says against the garage pump's gauge's reading. There can be a big difference!
(maybe)
Old 09-Feb-2005, 19:33
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
I'm starting to think this whole thing is a smoke screen by RedRuth so she can ask every single question she's ever wanted to in one single thread.

Clever really - I like it !

Frank

If that were the case Frank, and I am not saying it is, but if it were, then I'm certainly getting my monies worth.

But no, that wasn't the purpose of the quiz. The real purpose of the quiz was to allow me to ask enough questions to irritate someone somewhere sufficiently to say

"Listen love, don't tax your tiny little brain over these things. You're a girlie, after all. You pop back in the kitchen and I'll come round and sort out everything that needs sorting on your bike for the price of a nice Sunday roast and a few beers!"

So, top marks for getting quite close, Frank, just not close enough! :P
Old 10-Feb-2005, 19:33
Ducati Meccanica

Just in case you didn't spot it, I've started a new thread, 'same quiz, new thread' as this one was becoming somewhat unwieldy on my dial up at home.

So anyone has any questions to put to our experts, post them on the new thread. Everything will be aggregated at the end of the month to decide who's won.

We're more than 1/3rd of the way to knowing who our know-all is ...

Old 13-Feb-2005, 22:36
Ducati Meccanica

I'm bumping this one too. Tomorrow is half way point. Clearly, you testosterone driven guys are all going to be busy keeping the Laydeeez happy tomorrow night but just spare a thought for those of us who are trying to show our appreciation to the efforts of the panel of helpful blokes who make this message board the centre of technical excellence that it is today (and yesterday, and hopefully tomorrow)

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit