Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Same Quiz, New thread

Quote:
Originally posted by monstermob 998
Quote:
Originally posted by monstermob 998
ok heres one-- is it possible to fit 600ss crank barrels and heads to 750ss bottom end(gearbox/crankcases) this will enable a six speed gearbox and the use of an oil cooler/oil temp guage would it not?or is it possible to fit oil cooler and-oil temp guage to 600SS crankcase/gearbox and then fit ducati performance aftermarket six speed gear cluster?-- just thinkin of next years project

have started planning next years project- ok so the above may not be feasible ( didnt get any replies)apart from fitting the six speed cluster in the 600 gearbox and adding an oil temp guage as per the ducati performance catalogue part no 965069AAA where does the sender fit????? is it possible to plumb in an oil cooler to original 600 crankcases? and also in the ducati performance catalogue there are some variable-advance control units- do these just advance the ignition timing if so , for what purpose??higher torque? faster revving?or just moves the torque of the engine to lower revs ?

Where are our panelists? This chap clearly has a technical question (well, it looks like one to me, at least) and he's waiting for an answer.

The last thread is taking too long to download on my dial up so I'm starting a new one.

Get cracking, you know alls. :P
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I have no idea I have a 600SS at the moment to turn into a race bike and I also had one a couple of ears ago for about a month, I've never had a 750SS so I have no idea what parts are common to each bike and which ones are not.
now I could tell a few porkies and see if anybody catches me out but that would be a bit unfair on the person asking the question.
So I will try to answer questions that I have some experience of but ones like these I can't so I am hoping somebody else will enlighten me by answering the question correctly
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:14
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Ruth your loss of wind !!!

it could be the valve caps you have got on !

IE some aftermarket ones when you screw them down can catch the valve core and let air out (centrifugal force)

or it could be the rimms leaking at the Bead

or it could even be porous rims !

i would look at the valve caps first!!
Old 09-Feb-2005, 01:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
mav's right about the centrifugal force making yuur valves pop out a bit... you valve caps are a secondary seal to the rubber seals inside the valve which is held down by a spring, if the spring is old and weak and the caps aren't sealing properly then the air could easily leak past.

First of all you should be checking the pressures with the same pressure guage all the time (no 2 are callibrated the same), then it might be worth spending a few pennies on some new valves... not the whole valve, but just the springy bit inside which you can get from halfords.

If you've got porous rims then that's a lot of bad luck and a lot of money to replace. 99% sure that it's either the valve internals leaking, or you're not checking the pressures correctly. Try doing the pressures clinically, i.e. at the same time of day at the same abient air temp, with the same guage, after they bike's been sitting overnight... and if that still shows a significant drop then replace the valve seals.

p.s. take no notice of this post because i'm a little under the influence and don't even know how i managed to turn the pooter on, let alone think about answering your question! T'was a good kareoke night tho

n
Old 09-Feb-2005, 01:51
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
As for monstermob's question - i haven't been ignoring you, I just aint got a fekin clue mate.
Sorry.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 06:59
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
Ruth,i had a similar problem on a quattro ur a few years back,shortly after fitting new tyres- what i done was brush some diluted fairy liquid around the rims and valves when the tyres were warm(when the pressure had increased slightly) the very slow trail of bubbles revealed that it was in fact leaky rims- i took the car back to tyre shop and they removed tyres and brushed some sort of rubber paint on the inside if the rims just where the beads of the tyre sit and this cured the problem
Old 09-Feb-2005, 07:13
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
As for the tyre wear have a quick look at your tyre s and see if there is a tread wear indicator (a raised bit actually inside the tread ) without the aid of pictures and lengthy descriptions i cant be more detailed sorry but if you pop into your local tyre shop they'll show you what it is, car tyres have them as well - no need for tools but i think the legal tread depth is still 3mm-might be wrong?
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:20
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
legal tread depth for a bike !

Bike 1mm

Hgv 1mm

car 1.6 mm

Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:23
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Tyre Pressure (from the other thread)

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
Nick, I am measuring them from cold.
Here's the procedure.
Get bike out of garage.
Check tyre pressure (yes I have a digital tyre pressure gauge of my very own).
It's invariably 4 - 5 lbs down on the front and between 2 and 4 on the back.
Take it to garage (200 yards up the road)
Add air.

re-measure pressure next time I get bike out - about 5 - 7 days later.
pressure dropped again.

I have to say, I think it's something to do with the fact that I'm riding on these 208RRs. I've never had this drop in pressure on any tyre before, unless I actually had a slow puncture.

And what about the tread??? Where's you're reply on that?

Leave it till you're sober to answer because I don't want to have to struggle with some uninteligible drivel - (she can bl00dy talk! )

Hi Ruth
Have you measured the pressures with your digital gauge at the garage, immediately after you have re-inflated the tyres? Check what your gauge says against the garage pump's gauge's reading. There can be a big difference!
(maybe!)
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:51
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Question..... why do beans make you fart

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit