Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-May-2005, 15:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
if it wasnt for us real racers this club would be falling apart!

(JOKE) before anyone trie to lynch me.

True though.................

how many of the real DSC are going to the BMF...
Old 20-May-2005, 20:37
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Why?
Old 20-May-2005, 21:23
BSB Star

Why what?
Old 20-May-2005, 21:25
BSB Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue
Quote:

Who are you calling real racers?

i CLEARLY didnt include you in that!

I dread to think who you did include!!
Old 21-May-2005, 11:16
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:

some of us would like to go, some of us would like to be DD racers, but some of us live a bit further away and that makes it bloody hard to do
Old 21-May-2005, 11:28
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
It's the great North South Divide!

Imagine the Scottish lot! they wouldn't have much chance of making any of the rounds, Cadwell would be a trip in itself!
Old 21-May-2005, 11:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:

some of us would like to go, some of us would like to be DD racers, but some of us live a bit further away and that makes it bloody hard to do

Maybe it is hard to do, but that's not enough reason on its own to not take part.

There are many DD racers who are travelling huge distances to compete in all the races this year and I reckon if you were to take part Lily you wouldn't be travelling as far as some.

As for the BMF, again this is a one-off and I don't think the travel distance required is preventative.

Make an excuse like lack of time, or financial reasons - that's fair enough, but where there's a will, there's a way.

Tim
Old 21-May-2005, 11:35
Ducati in my Blood

Tim

its a combination of all if i am honest. As most of the tracks are a fair distance way I have not ridden them as track days and could not afford to do track days to get practice. I also dont have the freedom in work anymore to have time off in the same way.

Does it make you less of a member if you dont want to do 6 hours journeys every weekend?
How many folks have been to Oulton to do a trackday? Not too many i would imagine as its too far, what about Croft or Knockhill? So why should I have been to Brands or Snetterton?

Sometimes we just have to realise that unless its the only thing in our lives we might not want to travel that much. I find it a bit harsh to suggest that because we dont go to all the events down south that we are any less of a member. I do acknowledge that most of the members are down south so although we do try and joke about having stuff up north its pretty clear that it wouldn't get much support.

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by Lily]
Old 21-May-2005, 11:40
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

As for the BMF, again this is a one-off and I don't think the travel distance required is preventative.

Make an excuse like lack of time, or financial reasons - that's fair enough, but where there's a will, there's a way.

Tim
Tim

We did actually say that we wouldn't mind going to the BMF but its was dependent on Fred being called out etc so we could not comit. We also have other friends racing that we would like to support so we have to determine where to go with the time we do have.

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by Lily]
Old 21-May-2005, 11:41
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Tim one off's maybe... but trying to commit to a whole series, not only with the outlay of a bike, it may well be worth purchasing a van, let alone fuel, tax, MOT and all the other stuff involved.

Why are there no N/W DSC members taking part or further North?

I could possibly do Donny or Cadwell but it's not really financially viable to spend any money on a bike to compete for just 2 potential rounds.

Look at it from a t/day point of view I haven't done any t/days further south than Silverstone because the journey time would mean an additional day off work, and as I am self employed it suddenly becomes quite expensive to do, t/day, van hire, day out of the office unpaid, another day off due to travelling, I'm into 4 figures loss then. Now couple that with DD, and having a bike thrown in, plus a van to buy and run, and trying to do several track days at these tracks that I have never seen, a cheap race series suddenly becomes well into 5 figures, probably £15K minimum with loss of earnings thrown in.

As for being less of a member as someone has stated above, why? because everything is geared for down south? the AGM is down south too, why? I have asked recently to be more involved in the N/W DSC and am currently finding my feet there and have some suggestions for things for the NW DSC to progress to be bigger and better, so I'm takign quite an active part even if it is where the cobbled streets are :P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit