Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Mar-2004, 23:00
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Air Box Filters.

Some advioce please chaps!
I am going to replace the undertank filter system on my 998s with to K&N look a like filters.

Question: As a normal filter passes air from the outside to the inside then to the carb/injection, how /what is the efficiency like if the air is actuallt blown through the filter in reverse ie air enters the filter from the inside and gets blown to the outside ,

does this make sense?
Old 18-Mar-2004, 23:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Rcgbob, don't realy know the in's and out's on this one. JHP do a similar filter, cone shaped made by Pipercross. If it's a 998 you are fitting them to, you will need to have the fuel line re directed.
I choose the a different type. It requires you to fix a carrier to the inside of the airbox. Airbox has to be removed to do this. The filters then just slide into the carrier. Not made for road use though.
Old 19-Mar-2004, 10:14
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Hi mate, get the jhp one. i fitted that to my 998s. You dont have to take the air box off, and as a tip use pop rivetts to mount the side brackets, popping fron the inside out, not the bolts provided. Oh and also silicone seal the gaskets provided aswell.
With regard to moving the fuel line, the destructions tell you to swap the front injector trumpet with the rear one, keeping the thin plastic fuel hose. I cut this off, as you WILL kink it, and replaced it with reinforced proper rubber fuel pipe, and crimp clips.
Go on easy peasy...
In fact i could find you some rivetts the size i used...
Old 19-Mar-2004, 22:04
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Andy & Jon

I already have the JHp system fitted to my 998s Mono, I gather there have been a few problems with ther filters if the engine decides to spit back!
The foam sausage filter is now being replaced by two K&N type filters. Just wanted to know if anybody has fitted some yet and general results.