Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Prev   Next
Old 31-May-2009, 12:22
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
WeeJohnyB and Jools create musical history

Well history in terms of my band. We had a gig in St Albans last night and invited Jools 'on stage' to play bass with us on a couple of songs.

Ace bass playing Jools, you are da man! I sent Jools our set list for the gig of about 35 songs and asked which ones he knew.....'all of them' was the answer. Fair enough, and with no rehearsal he just got stuck in, sounded superb.

I arranged an evening with two bands and three other combo's doing sets inbetween the bands. We did two sets including some semi-acoustic stuff for a change and also mixed up the bands for fun with people coming up to sing or play or do backing vocals. Worked really well, so going to do it again.

We played Layla acoustic version with me on bass -first time I've ever played bass, that was fun. We also did Hotel California on acoustics (12 string) apart from the last solo where we did a quick change to electric, worked well.

Really great night, big crew came back to my place afterwards so a late one for an old man. Knackered today, luckily it's a bike fest on the tv, so not moving all day!!!

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit