Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Jun-2006, 12:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Cool Drugs wanted

Any of you racing types have any recomendations for drugs? The pain killing sort, not recreational. I know that you can't stuff yourself with paracetemol without turning your liver to silicon, but what combinations of stuff can you use?

Dislocated the middle knuckles of my index and middle finger of my left hand last Thursday and I couldn't bend them properly - good job I'm right handed

I can just about make a fist now with a bit of wincing, but I was out on the bike yesterday and the Dooks famously heavy clutch gives me a bit of gyp. I'm going on Raid the Lakes this weekend and nothing is going to stop me, another few days should see a bit of improvement anyway, but I'll need to be prepared to take some stuff with me since it's a 700 mile + weekend

Any ideas for pain killing drug cocktails that won't send me to sleep or any rubs I can use?

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 07-Jun-2006, 12:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Any of you racing types have any recomendations for drugs? The pain killing sort, not recreational. I know that you can't stuff yourself with paracetemol without turning your liver to silicon, but what combinations of stuff can you use?

Dislocated the middle knuckles of my index and middle finger of my left hand last Thursday and I couldn't bend them properly - good job I'm right handed

I can just about make a fist now with a bit of wincing, but I was out on the bike yesterday and the Dooks famously heavy clutch gives me a bit of gyp. I'm going on Raid the Lakes this weekend and nothing is going to stop me, another few days should see a bit of improvement anyway, but I'll need to be prepared to take some stuff with me since it's a 700 mile + weekend

Any ideas for pain killing drug cocktails that won't send me to sleep or any rubs I can use?

Red tiger balm.........is good stuff m8...or there is a rub that has local aneathestic properties..hmm i forget its name....

i would not promote the taking of any other than the std stuff if your riding for long periods of time as you will be at the lakes...............

Last edited by fil2 : 07-Jun-2006 at 12:38.
Old 07-Jun-2006, 12:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Cheers Phil, I'll look out for the tiger stuff

(Note to self: Must get better at blocking Ushiro Mawashi Geri's)

___________^
Old 07-Jun-2006, 12:48
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Try a search Jools - I'm sure there was something maybe in the DD forum on a very similar line.

But with various warnings about taking medication and riding, obviously.
Old 07-Jun-2006, 12:56
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Cheers Phil, I'll look out for the tiger stuff

(Note to self: Must get better at blocking Ushiro Mawashi Geri's)

advise : u dont block them..Tai Sabiki....u moove out of the way....most Ushiro mawashis have alot of generated power due to body mass even if executed poorly.........cos if caught by one they hurt ...right..!!! hehehe..

tai sabaki is the key my young padawan........................

Phil
Old 07-Jun-2006, 13:13
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Talking of which, my 11-y-o nephew got his black belt last week!

To complicate things he had broken his collar bone 3 weeks ago, but managed to pull through in time. Just couldn't break the boards, but he passed.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 07-Jun-2006, 14:24
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
Talking of which, my 11-y-o nephew got his black belt last week!

To complicate things he had broken his collar bone 3 weeks ago, but managed to pull through in time. Just couldn't break the boards, but he passed.

Taekwondo then Ant..?...at a guess.?......
Old 07-Jun-2006, 14:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Erm...

Kuk Sool? Is that right? It's a Korean thing, I know that.

He now has a black suit with a silver lining. Looks pretty smart!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 07-Jun-2006, 14:43
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

All I know is that a Ushiro Mawashi from someone who is a higher grade than me looks like an ordinary Mawashi to start with, so I tried to block Shuto, missed the block and then as the guys heel came back hard for the Ushiro bit it caught the tips of my fingers end on - just like I'd rammed my extended fingers into a wall, the whole dojo heard the crack

Could've been your nephew I was sparring with Ant...he was a black belt, but he wasn't very old - probably 15 or so. Still, quite tall for his age and a lot, lot faster than an old giffer like me....beaten up by a kid...oh, the shame.

___________^
Old 07-Jun-2006, 14:43
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Jools,

Time to practice those clutchless changes going up the box. You BHCN lot only ever come back down the box once...................................at the end of a ride!!

It is possible to do em coming down the box as well with a bit of practice as well.

The bike boxes are all dog types so don't come to any harm unless you are really clumsy with 'em.

Just coming up with some ideas as an alternative to painkillers cos most say don't go drinking on em!??

Ray.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit