Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Feb-2009, 16:59
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
LOL very funny Tim, nowt wrong with being a nerd!

Just found this nice doc which is quite nerdy, so you've been warned

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...aper_Final.pdf
Old 03-Feb-2009, 17:13
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
the one complaint I do have about my BB is it doesnt bounce very well!! mine is a few months old and looks like its been thru a crusher!
Old 03-Feb-2009, 17:14
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

Without us nerds you'd get no commission! Delivering the impossible with no thanks ...
Old 03-Feb-2009, 17:15
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Old 03-Feb-2009, 17:25
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
it was like a scene for IT crowd earlier....good sitcom that
Old 03-Feb-2009, 21:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Tonio,

You started this thread wanting an iPhone. Everyone has (quite rightly) pointed out that it's a pretty poor business phone. It's not a great phone at all, but it's a great mini-Mac, it's highly desireable and it's more fun to play with than your own genetalia.

You undoubtedly still want an iPhone and are only holding out on the basis that someone may post something like "I bought an iPhone and it ate my children and set my hair one fire". This is unlikely to happen. Go and buy yourself an iPhone, enjoy playing with it for a few months, and then supplement it with a cheap Nokia until Blackberry release a device you feel happy about.

If you buy a Blackberry or an HTC/clone then you'll just want an iPhone, just like buying a jap IL4 when you want an italian V2!
Old 04-Feb-2009, 14:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Ali, you are a wise man. But I never thought I would ever write that
Old 05-Feb-2009, 11:22
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Tonio,

it's highly desirable and it's more fun to play with than your own genetalia.

Umm, that would be worth investigating then...
Old 16-Feb-2009, 12:01
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
I've found this thread to be really helpful. I'm in a similar situation to Tonio. I want a phone that I can use occasionally for business. I want to be able to pick up emails and have access to downloaded MS Word or Excel documents. I dislike regular phones as they are almost impossible to enter reasonable amounts of data/text into, so that pushes me towards the keyboard sort of phone. However, they always seem so big compared to a normal phone. I had an O2 Xda thing a couple of years ago and hated it because of it's unwieldy size. Are the new generation of Blackberry or HTC phones a bit smaller than the old Xda?
I really like my Sony Ericsson W880i as it is so small, slim and light. I hardly notice it when it's in the inside pocket in my leathers. As a phone it's great as the battery life is excellent. As a pseudo business tool though it's useless.
I'm torn betwen the full-on busienss type phone like the HTC Pro, the Blackberry, Nokia N95 etc or going for something without a keyboard such as the HTC Diamond.
Has anyone got any experience of the non-keyboard type like the Diamond? Are they still ok to enter text into or do I really need a keyboard? I don't enter much data/text, but then I find sending normal text messages to be a real slow affair anyway.
I want something which is primarily a phone, and small and light, but I also want to be able to look at spreadsheets and documents, have my Outlook contacts and calendar synced up from my stand-alone PC, and be easy to enter text into. I'm not a corporate animal and don't need to have video conference calls with 6 people from around the globe. What should I be looking at?
I see that HTC have launched a couple of new models too which look really good.
http://www.htc.com/www/press.aspx?id=83956
Old 16-Feb-2009, 13:08
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
I am in a similar situation to you and use the Nokia E71. It is simply outstanding, far better than the Blackberry devices I have used in the past.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit