Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-May-2004, 08:26
500SD

Mood: mmmm....yellow!
Anyone got Sky+ ?

I'm seriously thinking about getting Sky+ as I can never find a video tape to record stuff & also, my digibox is starting to play up a bit, so its a good excuse
Anyone got one & care to share their thoughts?
Old 27-May-2004, 12:17
Mille

I had it for over a year and it is great. Very easy to record stuff, could never work out how to record on VHS but this is a doddle.
Old 27-May-2004, 12:21
everton

I agree and so, so simple to use. Our problem is that 20 hours recording time is never enough when I'm stacking up MotoGP, WSB, BSB etc and the kids have got 20,000 editions of the Simpsons

Actually the best feature is the fact that you can start playing a programme that's still recording....................e.g. WSB is just about to start and you're just sitting down to dinner. You can set it to record and start watching its as soon as you have finished even though the live programme hasn't finished recording...........a valuable feature me thinks.
Old 27-May-2004, 13:21
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
probably the best gadget ever (if you like TV).

To add to what everton said, you can record two programmes and watch a third at the same time. You can also set it to record the whole series of a program, which doesn't get phased when it gets moved to a different day.
Pausing a live match to make a cuppa and restarting when you get back is also nice.

I've heard of people swapping the hard drive for a higher capacity (as it is a standard PC drive). My solution is to get a DVD recorder (getting cheaper by the day) and archive stuff when it gets full.

cheers, Chi

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit