Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-May-2004, 14:04
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Barclaycard trader charges

Any one know what sort of % traders would pay to Barclaycard for processing etc?

I am looking to buy a new car and could pay cash or credit card. Obviously the latter would cost the garage more so I want to factor this into our negotiations but I've no real idea how much they would have to pay to the card company. Presumably vehicle dealerships pay at the low end of the scale because they are low volume, high value transactions in comparison with, say, a supermarket.

Anyone know?
Old 27-May-2004, 14:18
Ducati Corse

I think its somewhere between 1 and 3% depending on the deal they have with Barclaycard. Switch is a flat rate of around 70p per transaction (based on when i worked in a shop three years ago).
Old 27-May-2004, 15:18
Mille

Lizzie,
I pay between 1.25 and 1.75% depending on the card issuer, but I pay .49% for the bank to process cash payments, so the difference is not as great as first apears. switch is about 50p and cheques about 1.00. I actually prefer being paid by debit/credit card as there is no need to visit the bank and all I have to do is reconcile the daily summarys with my bank account

dave
Old 27-May-2004, 15:23
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
If you have a barclaycard they used to issue cheques to holders which cost the dealer nowt but cost the holder 2% or something....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit