Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Mar-2005, 19:55

More 916 questions

Hi there again,more questions for you all,thanks for all your help so far.
(1)Can you buy a new rev counter plastic dial cover/how do you remove it/can anybody recommend a ducarti dealer who can supply ducati parts quickly/or a good breaher ?
(2)Front brake fluid resivoir weeping
(3)Repair a small split in paer of the lower fairing
Thanks for now
Old 25-Mar-2005, 20:57
Mille

Mood: Big bill-money well spent
I'm new too.

1/Main dealers should be in yellow pages.
2/Dunno.
3/Can be plastic welded.

Not much help sorry
Old 25-Mar-2005, 21:03
888 at Last !!!

1/ I'm sure you could buy the plastic face of the rev counter but splitting the casing is a tricky job to do yourself without making a right pigs ear of it. For someone else to do it for you might cost more than getting a second hand rev counter - try ebay for a complete rev counter

2/ Could be the seal which is located just below the cap. Unbolt the cap, check the seal and replace if required. Next check the connection from the bottom of the reservior to the tube. Then check the plastic reservior itse;f for damage.

3/ There are a few very good plastic panel repairers around. Most will completely eliminate a split, crack or even a hole. Just this board for repairers by doing a search.
Old 25-Mar-2005, 21:28
Big Twin

(1)Can you buy a new rev counter plastic dial cover/how do you remove it/can anybody recommend a ducarti dealer who can supply ducati parts quickly/or a good breaher ?

I've tried opening one, and it's not obviously possible without damaging the black outer edge. I bought a replacement off a board member in the end. There's a few on eBay right now (including a couple of full dial sets)

(2)Front brake fluid resivoir weeping

Follow Ziggi's instrcutions, and use a bit of talc to pin down the source of the leak.

(3)Repair a small split in paer of the lower fairing

Ditto Ziggi.