Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 07-Dec-2005, 04:26
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Dave Harris Memorial Track Day

It's with mixed emotions that I post this. Dave Harris was a good friend to me, and to many of you, despite not knowing me for a very long time. He would bend over backwards to help anyone and I do mean anyone. He was a 'top bloke' - which if you know anything about Australians, means an awful lot.

I miss him tremendously.

As most of you know, Focused Events and Motorsports Vision teamed up to offer a track evening devoted to the memory of Dave and all the money raised went to Riders for Health. I have some news on that event that you can read and see how things went - it may be of interest to those who supported the event and others.

http://www.riders.org/en/html/archiv....php?story=406

Nice pic Dave, get your head lower to your leading hand and get your body position forward more ... .. yeah I know, you only had 51 horsepower ....

Thanks to all those who supported this event. Nearly £7,500 were raised to support Riders for Health. Thank you very much.

I may be abusing my position somewhat here but I'd just like to add a personal touch to this thread. Dave's organs were donated to those who might benefitted from them and I can say that there are two people who have been dramatically affected by this, in receipt of these organs, and lead a much better quality of life thanks to the generosity of Dave and Annette. I know she wouldn't want me to say anything about this but - Annette's selflessness in such a time of despair has inspired me personally a lot and I am proud just to know her.

It absolutely follows the ethos that Dave lived his life by which was evidenced by the help that he gave all and sundry at the first round of DD at Cadwell, me included, and I am very humbled to know such great people.

Please join me in wishing Annette all the best in her future.

Kindest Regards,

Tony

[Edited on 7-12-2005 by TP]