Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 29-Aug-2006, 11:44
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
A insight into the Class B survey

Not wanting to influence anybody but I thought I would share some of the results of the Survey I sent out to Class B riders.
Now hopefully some of these points are the ones that CB refered to that should be finalised in the next few days. Some questions were more finally balanced and may crop up again in PJs questionnaire with different wording to maybe help make a decision clearer. Also some questions asked and answered can only be granted by the race club(s) we race with, ie how many rounds and what venues. We may not be able to get what the majority vote for

Class B survey sent out just over a month ago and last results added 19 days ago

Machinary Spec to remain the same 80% for 12% against
Rider entry criteria to remain the same 65% for 4% against the remainder neutral
Start in March 52% for 32% against rest neutral
One long race 24% for 48% against rest neutral
Do you intend to race in class B next year 80% Yes with 12% maybe
As the survey was responded to by 26 riders, class B is already looking quite strong for next year

The Majority were also happy to steer clear of Superclub events and were also happy to go and race at Mallor,Pembrey and Croft

Kev

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 29-Aug-2006, 12:22
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Not wanting to influence anybody but I thought I would share some of the results of the Survey I sent out to Class B riders.
Now hopefully some of these points are the ones that CB refered to that should be finalised in the next few days. Some questions were more finally balanced and may crop up again in PJs questionnaire with different wording to maybe help make a decision clearer. Also some questions asked and answered can only be granted by the race club(s) we race with, ie how many rounds and what venues. We may not be able to get what the majority vote for

Class B survey sent out just over a month ago and last results added 19 days ago

Machinary Spec to remain the same 80% for 12% against
Rider entry criteria to remain the same 65% for 4% against the remainder neutral
Start in March 52% for 32% against rest neutral
One long race 24% for 48% against rest neutral
Do you intend to race in class B next year 80% Yes with 12% maybe
As the survey was responded to by 26 riders, class B is already looking quite strong for next year

The Majority were also happy to steer clear of Superclub events and were also happy to go and race at Mallor,Pembrey and Croft

Kev

To simplify things I'm including your original questions for the full survey Kevin. Apologies for those of you who have already answered those but what I'm trying to achieve is a record of all kinds of info to help simplify the admin for next year at the same time.

I'm going to ask for such things as rider detail, forum name, membership number, email address etc.etc. so that we have a lot of useful info available all in one place.

I will be sending out an email at the same time with some notes on the possible difficulties of for instance running at club level only, having already had discussions with New Era this may not always be the best option as others like the KTM's may try to do the same thereby just moving the log jam somewhere else. It is going to require a bit of later negotiating to finalise everything as it can't all be done this early in the year but at least we can get opinions to work with on everything at an early stage.

I'm on the case right now ! Have to say that your version has given some very useful info already Kevin.

One other small RC point here; I've been very pleased that we've reached harmonious conclusions to all the issues raised by the riders reps this year who have at no point encountered any opposition from John or myself. I personally feel that they are of great benefit to the management of the series.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 12:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
I will be sending out an email at the same time with some notes on the possible difficulties of for instance running at club level only, having already had discussions with New Era this may not always be the best option as others like the KTM's may try to do the same

I knew discussions were already taking place, but I'm sure everybody else involved in DD will be glad to hear that they are.
Can't wait to see what comes out of the discussions with New Era, hopefully we will gt a more suitable deal for DD than we got this year.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 29-Aug-2006, 13:17
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
It is a second growing year for DD and with the inevitable pains that an ever changing environment (both NE and DD) brings, it was always going to be challenging.

We know that the numbers of riders has fluctuated, the race formats have varied, etc, etc, but we are lucky that there is a strong nucleus of riders who want to race and support the cause in these fledgling years when the series tries to create an identity.

I too hope that we can get a 2007 format that better suits the riders and that meets the requirements of New Era (or others).

I know that when I go racing all this stuff seems unimportant, but I'm grateful for the feedback that I've received from the 620 riders to help shape DD next year and going forward.

Tim