Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:45
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Why do I feel that the race committee is being ganged up on today?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:46
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids

The whole point of the Scoring system running from 1st to 25th and from 35 points down to 1 was to award consistancy, so that riders at the tail end got something for their effots and would have a final championship standing at the end of the season, hence that championship position and who they finish ahead of being important to them.

Kev

Well it's been nice for me to say I've got points regardless of the fact that i'm last almost every time and the points run down to 25th. In fact I was a little disappointed I got none this time at all
Old 13-Sep-2005, 11:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:

I'd propose (or similar) a solution that said "points could only be scored at Cadwell by entrants who have already competed in 2 races, otherwise they assume guest status"

Tim

I'll back your proposal as it is better written than my earlier one :P
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:01
500SD

Mood: Pretty good considering....
Kev, I'm not aware that any of the more recent entrants do not comply with the written criteria, with the possible exception of Hawk, about whom I don't know enough.

Seems unfair to me to suggest at this late stage that we should change the rules when we've had all year to consider this and any new entrants may have based their decisions on those rules.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
if they are entering the last round at cadwell in preperation for next year or as a late entrant..then would they be bothered if they did not score points..??...im sure they would possibly feel akward scoring points and causing a DD entrant that has raced all year to drop a place.........I know i would ...........

Phil
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:36
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Anybody doing Cadwell that meets club criteria will have paid 12 months subs to DSC and new era,they will also paid a full 12 months for an acu licence.
Why should they be deneyed points?
To my mind you cannot move the goalposts at this late stage to suit existing members.
I thought "Guest riders" were riders that did not meet the rules for the series not members of the club that are already commited to the series for 2006.
Butch
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:41
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
From memory, so I may be wrong, guest riders are those who have not formally entered the series. This was primarily introduced for the riders of the Ducati UK bike, who would only do 1 round and should not influence the points standings. The only other guest rider to my mind that we have had this year was Marc Potter on Dave Riley's bike, who again did not score any points.

I am not aware of anyone who is racing at Cadwell who isn't already committed to the 2006 series, what would make them 2nd class citizen's then.

We could have the case of someone who broke an arm after the 1st round and is only fit for the last round and now the suggestion is that they should not score points.

If you want to make a Championship position, you have to beat people on the track

[Edited on 13-9-2005 by ChrisBushell]
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:51
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I'm thinking that if someone qualifies to enter the series and pays their money to race, then they should be entitled to the same glories as the rest of the field.

Did Lanzi forfit his points last weekend as a stand in rider?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 12:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
after reading the above posts.......i have changed my view and agree....if you enter the race then the position you finish in should be awarded the points accordingly ( unless you are a guest rider ).

Phil
Old 13-Sep-2005, 13:08
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
I Fully agree, WSB wild card Riders used to score points and There is a lot more at stake in their small series(Small compared to DD)
Japanese Wild card riders at sugo spring to mind. So why shouldnt anyone else ??
glyn