Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Apr-2005, 10:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Bloody hell Glenn! You've had it less than a week and look at the state of it already!

I think I'll have words with the MT about revoking your membership if you don't clean it sharpish!
Old 15-Apr-2005, 12:30
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999, BSA A65 Lightning, Matchless G80s

Mood: Fed up with DIY!
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Bloody hell Glenn! You've had it less than a week and look at the state of it already!

I think I'll have words with the MT about revoking your membership if you don't clean it sharpish!

Yep 180 miles of mainly wet roads there and back

Are you in over the weekend? I'll bring it round and drop off your fibre glass kit.
Old 15-Apr-2005, 12:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Will be in on sunday - should be quite a little DSC gathering as I'm having my spare Desmo Due bike delivered
Old 15-Apr-2005, 17:21
Mille

Mood: Need spares
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Mine's a QB Carbon one and that covers the original chainguard completely. They supply a bit of velcro to keep the two together, but that went the same way as the toolkit (south!)

I drilled a tiny hold in mine and popped a rivet through. Didnt like the idea of a nut and bolt, its awfully close to the chain and didnt fancy a nut shaking off in between the sprocket and chain.
Old 15-Apr-2005, 18:15

Back in 2002 when I got my 999 there were no huggers available for months. ProTwins were one of the first to actually have one available. I bought it and fitted it, and, like yourself had the same problem. No amount of fiddling with the fit changed the situation. In the end I just took a sharp blade to the plastic original and trimmed it back to the contour of the swingarm. Looks fine, but not a perfect solution I agree.
You could always raise it with them...
Old 15-Apr-2005, 23:32
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999, BSA A65 Lightning, Matchless G80s

Mood: Fed up with DIY!
Quote:
Originally posted by BigJohn999
Back in 2002 when I got my 999 there were no huggers available for months. ProTwins were one of the first to actually have one available. I bought it and fitted it, and, like yourself had the same problem. No amount of fiddling with the fit changed the situation. In the end I just took a sharp blade to the plastic original and trimmed it back to the contour of the swingarm. Looks fine, but not a perfect solution I agree.
You could always raise it with them...

Yes - emailed the picture this afternoon and spoke to Brett Norriss at ProTwins. He said that they sometimes heat the plastic guard with a hair dryer and then bend it nearer to the carbon profile. If that doesn't work they trim the plastic so it doesn't protrude. I will give it a go over the weekend.

One plus point for me was that he is very happy to service my Taz import