Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 28-Aug-2006, 15:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
can we go race yet ******s............................
Old 28-Aug-2006, 18:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
The point I was trying to make, was that I manage to do all those things on my own, amongst a whole heap of other things and websites I run (over 20 sites and forums), and I can still do it and work full time (and I was doing it before my unemployed spell when I was working 14 hour shifts for 2 years!!).

So there is no responsibility in getting the points table correct? No accountability in writing a a wikipedia page, commentator crib sheet, news reports... The DD Racer site may be 'unofficial' but there is a lot of responsibility and accountability that goes with it.

I don't slap any old cr#p on there. It may be unofficial, but it still reflects on the club, and therefore it is run in such a way to promote the race series responsibly.

Ummm... I think that's a dangerous statement, and I disagree strongly. I may come back to this.

So enviable that nobody else is doing it!

That's called being pro-active. You should try it. You could have started with a commentator crib sheet back in March - you didn't, but you found fault in me doing one. You could have provided race reports for BSN (they've been asking) - you didn't. You have written nothing for the race programs. In fact, from a PR point of view, I think you've failed DD big time!!

If I had to wait on the MT, nothing would ever get done. I truely believe that, and that's one of the many reasons why I'll keep the DD Racer site independent.

You must have a box full of wraps then. Seriously Paul, how long does it take to write a questionnaire? Most of the questions are blatantly obvious and could be listed in 2 mins. If you don't know what they are, then you're not doing your job correctly. You represent me, and I am at the mercy of anything that you do or do not do, and I feel let down! As well as insulted and antagonised regularly.

I think that's b#ll#cks. You're just slow. It's an MT trait.

I'm really at a loss and can't understand how something so very important that affects 40-odd people who are spending £200,000 a year can be run with such careless abandon.

This is so very important to us riders. I can see why some people may not be that bothered by it, or think that we're making a mountain out of a mole hill, but what we have could be so flaming good, and I think it's lost down a dark ally right now, and that upsets me.

Some valid points but you know as well as I do that a lot of it is not true. This continuing public argument is getting us nowhere and is using up spare time that could be more profitably spent for the benefit of all concerned.

I respect your right to hold your own views and to express them, I can't agree with all of them so we will have to agree to differ.

I've already suggested that we talk through any differences face to face so if at some future time you feel able to change your mind and accept that just let me know. You have my phone numbers or can easilly drop me a PM or send an email to the dd address.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 28-Aug-2006, 18:18
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Nice one Alan.

I too made an official and totally genuine offer to Monty on thursday, to help the RC in a media type roll.

Still waiting for a reply though.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

At least it's only August

No wish to take over what John has discussed with you but I think you'll find he has taken the bank holiday off and gone away ? Had the offer been made via the usual RC channels I would have replied in his absence and we could have been on the way to having it sorted by now.

If you still want to do that fire away with what you have in mind.

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 28-Aug-2006, 18:34
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
exactly

am seriously thinking not to carry on next year, but maybe move across to another organisation which has rules in place and we would know where we stand (like it or not) the constant changes here are getting so many people a bad reputation every time they speak out.
I battled last year, it seems its your turn this year Domski. If anyone dares to speak out as you say, you are just labelled as a trouble maker and it seems that someone within the heirachy of the club will do their utmost to make you leave of your own accord so they cannot be blamed and therefore its just another trouble maker that has 'left' & no loss to the club.

I love this series its the best I have been involved in (and I have done quite a lot of motorsport) I think most people in the paddock know my passion for being involved, but each person can only take so much of the 'will we wont we' and the like. I try to keep out of things on the message board these days, as I dont want to bring the club into 'disrepute' - and we both (CK & I) plug the club where ever we can.

For example what ever happened to a tyre company in our area - always supported the club in anyway they can, giving members discounts on tyres, supported quite a few DD'ers, gone to a couple of race meetings last year and other events such as Popham, used to do the trackdays, and since a member of the MT visited him he has fallen from grace in 2006. This is all conjecture and cant be proved tho.

Someone who offered their services several times last year as a mechanical inspector in the paddock has not even had the courtesy of a reply from last years RC. This chap is a very thorough mechanic and is an independant club member - why was his offer not taken up?

So, what about all these people who winge about the MT & RC - maybe they SHOULD be given a chance to help out, even on a temporary basis to experience the the alleged problems on the other side of the fence and thus be able to dilute some of the heavy work and flak the MT/RC appear to have, judging by your comments..

I would be more than happy to help the RC in getting a good rapport with New Era and in also getting the rules etc locked down for next year as I have been asking for since the start of this season. I DONT want to see the series down the pan, but I cant see more that 2007 for it right now.

Offer on table.............. offering to work together

Grumpy old git from Woking, NOT CK

Can you come with me when I visit New Era next time up in Rugby Alan ? No date set yet but happy to have you along if you can get away. If it is likely let me know and which days of the week suit you best.

Want to discuss the possibilities for next year soon as I feel that we should exhaust the New Era options before going elsewhere.

Old 28-Aug-2006, 18:56
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Some valid points but you know as well as I do that a lot of it is not true.

What is not true then?

Tell everyone what I have lied about in my post.

Everything I have said is 100% true (to the best of my knowledge).

Don't dodge it - Tell me exactly what I have lied about.

Quote:
This continuing public argument is getting us nowhere and is using up spare time that could be more profitably spent for the benefit of all concerned.

I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realise that you could have solved all the DD issues by now if I hadn't prevented you from doing your work!

However, I haven't been wasting your valuable time for the entirity of the last 8 months have I? So can you explain a couple of things to everyone...
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organiser (that's you!) written anything about DesmoDue for BikeSport News? - even though the Deputy Editor says he's tried to contact you twice!
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organsier (that's you again!) written anything about DesmoDue for the race day program?
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organiser (guess who?) provided the commentator with rider information? - He's been chasing for it too!
These are the absolute basics!

You must have written something on the Ducati UK site though right?

What exactly have you written to promote the DesmoDue series Paul? You are the PR Organiser after all.

I've not seen any series promotion anywhere. I have seen several of the riders making an effort though.

I think we'd all like to know why we've not had our photo and a report in BSN, or the race program, or on Ducati's site, and why it came down to two of the riders to write the folder for the commentator.

PR Organiser??? Pull the other one!

How many questions do you have written for this questionnaire? Must be loads!
Old 28-Aug-2006, 19:02
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
No wish to take over what John has discussed with you but I think you'll find he has taken the bank holiday off and gone away ? Had the offer been made via the usual RC channels I would have replied in his absence and we could have been on the way to having it sorted by now.

If you still want to do that fire away with what you have in mind.

OK, this is what I said...

<<<<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 August 2006 15:05
Subject: DesmoDue and BSN

Hi Monty,

Please see below my correspondance with Chris Carter (Dep. Editor) of Bike Sport News.

I noticed that he writes the New Era program notes, so I contacted him about getting some DD stuff in there (as it never gets a mention).

I also offered to write a general report on each race meeting for the newspaper.

I was disappointed to find out that he has been in contact on two occasions with DD organisers, yet he still hasn't recieved any replies!

Are we not trying to promote DD, or let people know how good it is?

Anyway, I don't want to get into a wind up or upset anyone, so I want to OFFICIALLY offer my services as DD Press Officer (or whatever you want to call it). I am happy to write a race report for BSN after every meeting, and also program notes (need to confirm with NE) if you are happy for me to do so. Obviously this would be a general type report not a self promotion report (in case you were worried).

Anyway, have a read and let me know if you're happy for me to continue my efforts.

Cheers

Dom

p.s. Garry Gardiner, who you will obviously know as the circuit commentator was absolutely delighted with the rider profile folder that myself and Lucie Stone produced. Maybe an email to Lucie would be nice? I don't expect one for obvious reasons, but she worked hard on this.

Sent: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 2:14 PM
Subject: New Era - Snetterton Program Notes

Hi Chris,

My name is Dominic Cann and I race in the Ducati DesmoDue series hosted by New Era.

I notice that you write the program notes/intro and would like to know if you would like me to put a few lines together for you about DesmoDue for the Donington Park program?

I run the DesmoDue 'unofficial' website and forum www.ddracer.com and know every DesmoDue rider (I am also now in regular contact with Garry Gardiner - the commentator) .

Also, do you require articles and reports for BSN? I would be more than happy to provide a championship report and photo's after each round.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dominic Cann

Sent: 24 August 2006 10:21
To: domcann@btinternet.com
Subject: Re: New Era - Snetterton Program Notes

Dear Dominic,

Please excuse the delay in replying, but there are only four people working on BikeSport News and I act as both Deputy Editor and Advertising Manager.

If I were young, fit and keen that might be OK, but I am nearly 65, far from fit and always very grumpy!

You need really speak to New Era about the programme notes.

There is always so much to say about the Superclub championships that I stay clear of the Ducati, KTM, F2 Sidecars and British Supermono stuff.

As fas as BSN is concerned I would love to have something from you on the Ducati series.

Again there are problems, though!

It is difficult to write too much, because competitors in the Hornet, CB500 and KTM classes then ask why they cannot have a seperate report.

If we had enough room, we would. It is as simple as that.

Just for your information twice this year I have spoken to people involved in running the Ducati series asking for stuff, but you are the first I have heard back from.

Let us start with about 150 words on the next round, obviously concentrating on how the races have affected the championship.

I need it with a day or so of the meeting, particularly as I will be in the USA that weekend and not getting back till the Wednesday morning. Time will be short.

Lets see how it goes and thank you for your kind offer.

Best wishes

Chris Carter

<<<<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>

So, let me know if you'd like me to do your job for you!

Old 28-Aug-2006, 19:44
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Can you come with me when I visit New Era next time up in Rugby Alan ? No date set yet but happy to have you along if you can get away. If it is likely let me know and which days of the week suit you best.

Want to discuss the possibilities for next year soon as I feel that we should exhaust the New Era options before going elsewhere.

New Era are in Ware Paul, a lot closer than Rugby.

I and particularly CK have built up quite a good rapport with Jim and also the rest of the staff at the race meetings. I'm happy to chat with them at the track, and although I will check when back at work, I dont think I have any holiday left to take as having only 20 days a year all has been taken up with racing or TD's for the lads this year.
Old 28-Aug-2006, 19:54
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
New Era are in Ware

Everyone knows that!

Must have been a test AK
Old 28-Aug-2006, 20:04
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Everyone knows that!

Must have been a test AK

No, just that I usually meet with Jim at Rugby when he's up there doing his ACU bit as it isn't quite as far for me to travel.

Sorry for any confusion caused, none intended. Happy to try and organise the meeting in Ware if it helps.

Old 28-Aug-2006, 20:17
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quit picking holes in each others post and get constructive or I'll get kb to put you both in detention!

Dom, phone PJ - not email, phone him - and talk about how you can become the DD PR man. Or better still, make time for a chat at Snet... no you're NOT too busy!
If you 2 could work together you'd make a good team, but at the moment you both seem to be trying your best to prove each other wrong, what a waste of time!

tis just my observations.
Closed Thread