Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 28-Aug-2006, 21:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
dom, if you dont have anything nice to say

then give it a rest for at least 30 mins

You're right. It's only August.

Old 28-Aug-2006, 23:16
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Quit picking holes in each others post and get constructive or I'll get kb to put you both in detention!

Dom, phone PJ - not email, phone him - and talk about how you can become the DD PR man. Or better still, make time for a chat at Snet... no you're NOT too busy!
If you 2 could work together you'd make a good team, but at the moment you both seem to be trying your best to prove each other wrong, what a waste of time!

tis just my observations.

Nick, I don't think it's that easy. And you're assuming this hasn't been tried before ...
Old 29-Aug-2006, 06:31
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Nick, I don't think it's that easy. And you're assuming this hasn't been tried before ...

Thank you Tony, see my post on this thread yesterday 6.04, it ain't that easy Nick !

I also requested that Dominic spare a few minutes for a chat at the Donington round but he stated that he wanted to concentrate on his race preparation as he'd paid out a lot of money for the event. I respected that and left him alone.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 08:19
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Right that's it... it's detention time!
Stay behind after the race and write a 5000 word essay titled "Why too many pies make me slow"
Old 29-Aug-2006, 08:49
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

My questions are clearly being ignored as usual, so I'll remind you what they are...
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organiser/DesmoDue Race Committee written anything about DesmoDue for BikeSport News? - even though the Deputy Editor says he's tried to contact you twice!
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organiser/DesmoDue Race Committee written anything about DesmoDue for the race day program?
  • Why hasn't the DSC's PR Organiser/DesmoDue Race Committee provided the commentator with rider information? - He's been chasing for it too!
  • How many questions do you have written for this questionnaire? Must be loads!
  • When can we expect the questionnaire?
  • Why can't the technical rules be locked down for 2007, when we've (majority of DD riders - if not all of us) been asking for months?
Old 29-Aug-2006, 08:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Y'see this is the problem and one of the reasons DD will fail in the not too distant future.
All this public ranting and arguing is not doing us any favours. I reckon in PJ we have a man that can do some of the work and in Dom we have one that could do the PR work. But whilst they prefer to argue and not put the past behind them we will get nowhere.
FFS will you 2 just get together and work together (if allowed of course) as arguing aside you could do some good for the series.
Draw a line today over the past and just start again please
Old 29-Aug-2006, 09:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Y'see this is the problem and one of the reasons DD will fail in the not too distant future.
All this public ranting and arguing is not doing us any favours. I reckon in PJ we have a man that can do some of the work and in Dom we have one that could do the PR work. But whilst they prefer to argue and not put the past behind them we will get nowhere.
FFS will you 2 just get together and work together (if allowed of course) as arguing aside you could do some good for the series.
Draw a line today over the past and just start again please

I disagree.

Paul has clearly shown he is not the man for the job.

He's done none of the basic things required of him, and continues to dodge the important questions that prove this!

The DesmoDue series needs someone who can take it forward.

I've only volunteered to do half his job coz he's clearly not doing it - and it's the one that he does for the whole club!

Of course he'll deny this and tell us how hard he's been working behind the scenes. Which brings me back to my questions above. Simple fundemental things that anyone running a race series should have dealt with long long ago!

It's not good enough, and as PJ says, he's accountable to the riders as well as the MT.

As a rider I'm now holding him accountable - I can't do it any other way, as my emails get swept under the carpet, and all the MT members will obviously stand by their fellow MT member.

Nothing will change if we all stand about and say what a cracking job is being done - when it clearly isn't. This isn't a time for blowing smoke up the RC's backside. Unless you're happy with the demise of DD.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 09:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Never said he had done a perfect job, but all this public slating off him will put off anyone else that may stand forward to replace him. I say may because can you see anyone wanting the job knowing what lies ahead ?

TBH all this indecision and unhappiness with how DD is run, the alleged rifts it causes in DSC makes me very nervous about having money tied up in our bikes. The losers if and more likely when the series folds will be those that own the bikes. That's why the public arguing/criticism needs to stop as if it's putting those of us in the series off then it certainly is putting people off joining.
I agree with both sides here that improvements are needed, I don't agree this is the medium to use to get your point across.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 09:52
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i dont really see why doms simple questions cant be answered on here. none of them have a hidden agenda. if someone has been to busy to do something,has overlooked something, or simply forgetten to get round to it then say so. its not hard and nothing to lose face about. we can see what needs doing and get it done.

i just dont understand why a simple question cant be given a simple answer and then we can do something. this lock down of rules is such a simple exercise i cant beleive it will still be outstanding (most likely) after this season has finished.
Old 29-Aug-2006, 10:17
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
Never said he had done a perfect job, but all this public slating off him will put off anyone else that may stand forward to replace him.

It's not a public slating - and not intended as such.

It's just 100% pure fact.

If that fact proves that a job has not been done - why am I out of order to point that out?

Do you honestly think I'd get all wound up about this just for a laugh?

If I wanted to upset PJ, I wouldn't do it on the forum!

I've tried to do this responsibly via email, and I get insulted, antagonised and belittled and STILL don't get answers. So, how else am I supposed to do it? If there is nothing to hide and the job has been done - then PJ can make me look stupid and explain it to us.
Closed Thread