Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jul-2006, 08:57
GTL

Hotels at Donington, for those not wanting to slum it (me...)

I've had a rummage around local hotels for the next race. Here's what I've found (saves you all repeating the same exercise!):

Express by Holiday Inn, East Midlands Airport - £49 (they over booked me once for a MotoGP. Not good if you want to attend a big race meeting like Desmo Due I took them to small claims and won!)

Donington Park Farm House, right on the edge of the circuit - £115-132 (stayed here last year. IMO a dump - especially for the dosh they charge).

Travel Lodge, East Midlands Airport - £46.

Thistle, East Midlands Airport - £66

Donington Manor - fully booked

The Priest House on the River - 5 mins drive max (Blurb - Perched on the banks of the River Trent, this is a country house with a difference. As you step inside, you will find elegant contemporary surroundings designed with minimalist simplicity. This theme is continued through into the executive bedrooms, where 42inch Plasma Screen TV's and DVD's come as standard) - £85 to £96
I like this one! Looks fab. So I've booked myself in, even if I'm Norman No Mates and stay there on my own

Hope this info helps.
Old 17-Jul-2006, 14:46
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Fortunately, I only live 50 odd miles from Donny, so I'll probably to and fro it or do tha caravan thang (with earplugs for the planes!).

Anyone who's willing to spend £132 on a hotel/dump can come and stay at my B&B/house though, here's the blurb.

"Situated elegantly on the flightpath of Waddington airbase, Hoe-tel Otei (not a typo), boasts magnificent views over lush fields for miles around (once you've trodden over the council estate like broken glass and childrens toys in the street to get to them).

As you step inside, you will be licked by the cat, who will then proceed to prostitute herself out to you overnight, covering all of your possesions in black and white fur in the misguided notion that you'll be the one that's feeding her first thing in the morning.

The guestroom boasts a Bush 14inch internet tv with no internet connection and a dodgy remote control. the ceiling light is purple, original 70's and lends the room an air of homosexuality. there is an original Atari 2600 in a box near the bed."

Personally, I'd advise people to shack up with Annette instead.

Old 17-Jul-2006, 16:38
GTL

Erm. Pardon me?
Ha. Very funny. I think I set myself up for that slightly, didn't I!
Chateau Hoe-tel Otei sounds superb.