Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:45
Montjuic

Mood: Love my Duke
Stupid question....

Want to take the fairing off at the weekend to give a really good clean, nt done this before. Obviously remove the 5 or so fastners each side, but what about the "clip" at the front?

The handbook drawing is useless, and obviously I dont want to force this the wrong way. I know having done this once it will be simple, so can anyone tell me how to remove?

Ta

Oh, been buying some carbon bling so looking forward to having a good play with my new baby at the weekend, and getting some more running in miles completed
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:48
Dibble

none of this silliness with the proper racebikes .. 748/9** .. racebikes for the road ... not road bikes that race ....
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:52
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by Greybloke
Want to take the fairing off at the weekend to give a really good clean, nt done this before. Obviously remove the 5 or so fastners each side, but what about the "clip" at the front?

The handbook drawing is useless, and obviously I dont want to force this the wrong way. I know having done this once it will be simple, so can anyone tell me how to remove?

Ta

Undo the five bolts, then pop the clip at the front.
Be brave, pull from the front of the fairing panel, straight out from the side of the bike and don't drop it afterwards!

It feels worse than it is
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:53
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
none of this silliness with the proper racebikes .. 748/9** .. racebikes for the road ... not road bikes that race ....

Dibs, I thought it was race bikes for the gravel!
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:54
Montjuic

Mood: Love my Duke
Cheers Loz
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:56
Mille

the way I find easiest is as follows:

Undo the lower rear fastener ( next to your footpeg) on the RHS of the bike first then the one underneath at the front that connects the RH fairing to the left. Next undo the fastener right at the front by the nose cone. Then stand side on to the bike and undo both dzeus fasteners at the same time and carefully lift off. You then need to pull the fairing towards you like opening a door to release the clip at the front - it takes a fair pull but it will come away no problems. Then repeat for t'other side.
Old 16-Feb-2005, 23:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Loz thats only when he is trying to follow a proper race bike, ie one that uses wets when it rains
Old 17-Feb-2005, 00:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So jon have you sorted your header tank/overflow bottle, Scott at reservoircogs forwarded your email to me as I had his last set of air ducts off him that I intend to sell with the full fairing.
Have you tried giving his brother Jim at Bike Enders a shout on 01708 455530
Old 17-Feb-2005, 00:08
Mille

haha - nathanu gave me a tip tale last night of how he set his up! Seems to be a good plan so I think I'll go with it. I e-mailed Jim as I didn't have a phone number but I might as well give him a bell in the morning. If all else fails I'll chop the one I've got and get another one if the bike ever goes back to it's road fettle. Cheers for the u2u btw!!!

J