Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Mar-2006, 18:02
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Ducati V4. For the Road.

Anyone seen the MCN?

Story about the Ducati V4 for sale and the subsequent release of a lower priced V4 for the working class I mean £15000 isnt far off from a new 999s now is it?

What are peoples thoughts on this then?

What would it sound like with a nice set of open pipes on it?

Would it put Ducati back at the top of lusted after bikes?

I can feel my little popping out on my shoulder!!!!!!!Telling me to start saving!!!!!!!

Then again, we are talking about MCN. ( More crap than News.)

DC.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 19:06
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
It's v-twin for me all the way. I love em. Just get rid of the 999.
Old 22-Mar-2006, 21:49
Mille
Bikes: 748R, ZXR 400

Mood: Glad to be back down south.
As you said it's from MCN, motorcycling equivalent of the News of the World. Let's see it in the flesh, after all, how long have they dangled the V4 in front of us so far.
It's almost as bad as the Aprilia 450 V2 sports bike saga!!!!
Old 22-Mar-2006, 22:28
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Show me a 155bhp at the wheel 1200cc V twin 999 ,and i will sign along the dotted line
Even if it looks like the 999 atmo

[Edited on 22-3-2006 by Totto]
Old 22-Mar-2006, 22:50
Big Twin

I can understand the need for a V4 but Ducati is and should be known for the V twin.

As for £15000 way out of my price range so I will have to buy a Rice rocket

Old 25-Mar-2006, 00:45
500SD

mmmmmmmmm,

For me I love the Ducati 4v V twin engine. In fact I have ridden quite a few of the recent V Twins on the market and liked em all.
Never ridden a V4 though. I expect something like an RC30 or RC45 is pretty awsome. I imagine a Ducati V4 would be quite a serious bit of kit as well. Just cant get over what it would sound like with some open cans on it, hopefully a bit like the GP bike.

DC.
Old 25-Mar-2006, 18:40
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Got to be honest here, i also like the idea of a reliable V4 motor. i love my old 1995 916 twin for its gruffness, and low down grunt, but the proper honda V4's are superb and far better than their V twin attempts.
DC the grunt from the RC30 is pretty good but not as raw as the 916, but up top the RC is just something else and would leave the 916 standing after 60 - 70mph if it was a drag from the lights. The smoothness from the honda is lovely and the harmonics start at around 7k where it all starts to come together.
The little NC30 / RVF makes a superb road bike and is often dismissed as a birds bike but even for an old design and heavyweight its great fun.
Never took to the VFR750/800 variants, great bikes but the motors are not the same as the RC, sound is quite different and its quite frantic for a sports / tourer.
I think ducati could make a fantastic V4 motor which would make a superb riding experience. i openly admit i am no hero on a bike, but i know what i like and feels good to ride and i think a V4 takes some beating.
Old 25-Mar-2006, 19:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
I wonder what they are doing about valve actuation and cam drive. Binning the belts and all that shimmy nonsense??????????????
Old 25-Mar-2006, 20:40
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by crm250
Got to be honest here, i also like the idea of a reliable V4 motor. i love my old 1995 916 twin for its gruffness, and low down grunt, but the proper honda V4's are superb and far better than their V twin attempts.
DC the grunt from the RC30 is pretty good but not as raw as the 916, but up top the RC is just something else and would leave the 916 standing after 60 - 70mph if it was a drag from the lights. The smoothness from the honda is lovely and the harmonics start at around 7k where it all starts to come together.
The little NC30 / RVF makes a superb road bike and is often dismissed as a birds bike but even for an old design and heavyweight its great fun.
Never took to the VFR750/800 variants, great bikes but the motors are not the same as the RC, sound is quite different and its quite frantic for a sports / tourer.
I think ducati could make a fantastic V4 motor which would make a superb riding experience. i openly admit i am no hero on a bike, but i know what i like and feels good to ride and i think a V4 takes some beating.

For me I think it comes down to any sort of V engine. I love em. V twin, Four, six or even eight. Mmmmmmm loverly.

When they are tuned as a performance engine as well, I think you cant lose.
When I was younger, I thought the RC30 was cool. When I heard it with a race exhaust I thought it was awsome. Think the same about the Ducati GP bike.

DC.