Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2006, 20:55
Mille

Question emergency repair

can any one advise as to a potential problem i might come into....I will be traveling around Spain over the next couple of months. I have R.A.C cover but should i get a flat i would like a get you home or back to my follow up party,with van ect so i need an emergency puncture / by the roadside,get you home kit ??? ive had a look around but most things seem a bit involved which in the workshop would be fine but at the roadside in the tempretrues i am expecting i dont fancy doing much.What happened to finelec??? any ideas much appreciated thanks...steve
Old 07-Jul-2006, 21:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello stephen hall,

maybe of some use, but I have never used it and, if did would only until
I could get to a service centre.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...ode=MTX5060375

TopiToo

PS have a great trip
Old 07-Jul-2006, 21:15
Mille

Thanks mate this is the sort of thing ive been looking at but i am sure i saw a small tube which fills the tyre & inflates in one go obviously just a get you home at 20/25 mph job but thats the kind of thing i need if i cant find it again one of the type you have suggested will have to surfice thanks anyways..and yep empty roads great weather a good attitude to bikes its over there for me from now on U.K. no thanks if our roads were the only option i would sell the bikes and give up!
Old 07-Jul-2006, 21:47
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
As topitoo advised . Used to allways carry a set as a despatch rider. Allways worked and got me out of trouble. Just take your time when using them (if you do) So the rubber vulcanises properly.
Old 08-Jul-2006, 16:28
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
I rode from bilbou to home last year on my 1995 916, made it 2400 miles trouble free until the rectifier failed 90kms from le havre so it was a recovery truck all the way home.

Done it this year on a 1 month old cbr600rr without issue but even that suffered from the heat.

I would pay special attn to the cooling system, perhaps a manual fan switch would be prudent, also a spare rectifier.

I would try and avoid france's built up towns where overheating will occur.
wish i was coming with you, cant wait for my next trip
Old 13-Jul-2006, 17:42
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
After getting a puncture in the middle of nowhere this afternoon I would recommend the Hein Gericke kit. £12.99 well spent. Have now got the problem of finding someone prepared to repair a nearly brand new Z rated tyre!