Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Jun-2011, 16:54
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I just figured you'd had a few beers before posting phil

All races should be point scoring; no dropping. Simple. Too late this year but has to be something for next year....
Old 05-Jun-2011, 17:02
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

All races should be point scoring; no dropping. Simple. Too late this year but has to be something for next year....
Simple fact is that every past champion would have been, regardless of dropping points. Phil is leading this years championship regardless of if we drop results... I can't see it makes a difference either way.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 17:09
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skids
The only remaining meeting with 3 races is Cadwell in August, here it is being considered to have all three races as Championship races with the riders two best scores from the three races to count towards the championship.
It works to keep more people in the races, but I don't like it for the championship... IF I won 2 of the races but not the third, I would possibly only make up 5 points instead of 10. A big IF I know.... But it allows more points to be scored and could reduce any gains to be made. I am more a fan of all 3 being championship races, or keeping it at 2.

I suppose it would let me crash in one of the races though!

However, I think this is as much a rule change as anything else we have said we can't change mid-season. Sure, you only score in 2 races, but it fundamentally changes how the points get distributed.

Last edited by Jolley : 05-Jun-2011 at 17:28.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 17:33
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

Magners poisoning I think. Sorry if I upset anyone, totally unintenional. I also agree all races count.

At this current juncture Alan would drop 22 points. I have 2 DNF's so I drop zero points, ok I never scored any, but could have raced and still scored zero.

No one person has one all of the races, so a front runner could effectively have to drop 45 points. Does seem harsh, good brainstorm for next season on this and other aspects.

But lets stay with the tyres, they are ace.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 17:49
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
The difference is that our DSC contract doesnt have the option you introduced to suit your argument. Also, Does that mean Dick and Harry have to forego their holidays just because it suited Tom?

No our contract doesn't have options but any contract should reward the worker for all work done, so the DSC contract is flawed imho.

Dick and Harry can take their unpaid holiday if they want to but why should Tom not get paid for what he has earnt?

Anyway, it is what it is so
Old 05-Jun-2011, 17:50
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Ok, Le mans start then....

PMSL now that would be interesting

"All races should be point scoring; no dropping. Simple. Too late this year but has to be something for next year"....

Totally agree Paul

"Simple fact is that every past champion would have been, regardless of dropping points. Phil is leading this years championship regardless of if we drop results... I can't see it makes a difference either way"
That's because you have dropped 3 Ron, whereas in other cases(read mine) I would only be 3 points behind Phil and not 25!!

"At this current juncture Alan would drop 22 points. I have 2 DNF's so I drop zero points, ok I never scored any, but could have raced and still scored zero"
That about sums up the point I was making Phil

"But lets stay with the tyres, they are ace".
Agreed

Last edited by Sorted : 05-Jun-2011 at 18:00.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 18:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
No one person has one all of the races, so a front runner could effectively have to drop 45 points. Does seem harsh, good brainstorm for next season on this and other aspects.
I can go back and find discussions about this for at least the past 2 seasons. The reason always given in the past is it allowed people to drop Assen. The point I made at the start of this season was that if we were not going abroad we should drop the rule... A lot agreed, but it never went any further. I still think we will find it will make very little difference by the end of the year.... It certainly won't make any difference to me, you, Kev or Jimbo.

Oh, and I vote to go back to Pirelli... I liked that they slowed everyone down!!!
Old 05-Jun-2011, 18:13
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
That's because you have dropped 3 Ron, whereas in other cases(read mine) I would only be 3 points behind Phil and not 25!![/color]
I know. But by the end of the season it will make less and less difference if people consistently finish in the same places. You may have 2 terrible results in the second half of the season and it will have equally little effect on your results.... All you can do is keep beating people and they will stay behind you in the championship regardless.

I personally don't mind either way. I do however see how I helps with anyone that has a problem/wedding/money issues that they have no control over. Sure, at the minute, you are losing out on some points, but that is the way the cookie crumbles I still think you should look upon that as points in the bank, allowing you to take a risk in another round to improve on some of those results. PMA... It is an opportunity, not a handicap.
Old 05-Jun-2011, 18:18
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
I can go back and find discussions about this for at least the past 2 seasons. The reason always given in the past is it allowed people to drop Assen. The point I made at the start of this season was that if we were not going abroad we should drop the rule... A lot agreed, but it never went any further. I still think we will find it will make very little difference by the end of the year.... It certainly won't make any difference to me, you, Kev or Jimbo.

No it won't because you all have dropped nil pointers but it does to Neal (C) who would now be 3rd with 80pts and me who would be 2nd with 87 (17 up on you Ron instead of 5 behind)!!

Anyway enuf

Oh, and I vote to go back to Pirelli... I liked that they slowed everyone down!!!
Let's even the field then.. You and Phil on Pirelli's and the rest on Dunlops.. You 2 buggers would still be on the Podium most meetings methinks
Old 05-Jun-2011, 18:27
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Let's even the field then.. You and Phil on Pirelli's and the rest on Dunlops.. You 2 buggers would still be on the Podium most meetings methinks

Sam West set some respectable times on the Diablos, looking forward to Snett, level playing field for us all as its new.