Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 18-May-2004, 07:45
everton

40 years ago................

On the BBC web-site today.........................

Any of you older members remember this??

Or were you there even??

I was a little too young but saw the film.....Quadraphenia..........great film

Watch the old black & white interview especially the two London girls at the end.

1964: Mods and Rockers jailed after seaside riots

Scores of youths have been given prison sentences following a Whitsun weekend of violent clashes between gangs of Mods and Rockers at a number of resorts on the south coast.
Yesterday two youths were taken to hospital with knife wounds and 51 arrested in Margate after hundreds of teenagers converged on the town for the holiday weekend.

Dr George Simpson, chairman of Margate magistrates, jailed four young men and imposed fines totalling £1,900 on 36 people.

Three offenders were jailed for three months each and five more sent to detention centres for up to six months.

Obscenities

In Brighton, two youths were jailed for three months and others were fined.

More than 1,000 teenagers were involved in skirmishes on the beach and the promenade last night.

They threw deckchairs around, broke them up to make bonfires, shouted obscenities at each other and at passers-by, jostled holidaymakers and terrified elderly residents.

At about 1300 BST Mods and Rockers gathered at the Palace Pier chanting and jeering at each other and threw stones when police tried to disperse them.

The teenagers staged a mass sit-down on the promenade when police, using horses and dogs, tried to move them on.

In Margate, there were running battles between police and up to 400 youths on the beach early yesterday morning. Bottles were thrown and two officers were slightly hurt.

Later, on the high street, around 40 young men smashed council flat windows and vandalised a pub and a hardware shop.

Last night, hundreds of young men and girls were still wandering around the resort long after the last train had left.

Police stepped in to prevent further violence and dispersed about 30 youths in leather jackets who marched up the promenade shouting "Up the Rockers!"

There were further clashes at Bournemouth and Clacton.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by everton]
Old 18-May-2004, 11:11
BSB Star

Lier, you was there mate.
Old 18-May-2004, 11:13
Dibble

Henners, Fordie and Triple Nine were about 23 at the time I think ....

Old 18-May-2004, 13:07
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
No Comment on the grounds i might incriminate myself,as it happens i was all of sweet seventeen and a True Rocker even if i rode an NSU Quickly But it still makes it insignificent when you read about todays Football yobs on the rampage. 4D
Old 18-May-2004, 14:26
Mille

Mood: .
I'm speechless. My DAD was 10 then.....
Old 18-May-2004, 14:30
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Wasn't even born mate...

:"Jools you lying git, you were already engaged to be married 40 years ago"

Jools:"Oh alright, it's a fair cop...but I was only 8 at the time, she was 7..."
Old 18-May-2004, 14:36
BSB Star

I'd go and see a doctor mate, you're having a conversation with a rat............

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit